3.0cuf @ 36hz

Participant count
  • Participants list

billy18bm
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
are my calculations correct?

also, this box if for two type r 12's jw how this will work since the reccomended volume is 3.4cuft?... jw thanks..

boxer.jpg

1) Net volume is AFTER port and sub displacement.

2) You have 20.375" of port length and you need 23.15" to get a tuning frequency of 36hz.

3) Port length extends 1/2 the port width from the end of the port if one side runs along the wall of the enclosure.

4) You can find the enclosure volume much easier than breaking the enclosure into sections manually.

6aqsh1j.png

From there, take the number they give and multiply that number by your height and then divide by 12. You can also see from the picture the actual port length (the solid line drawn down the center of the port).

thanks man i appreciate all the help

this box is for two type r's...12"...they reccomend 1.7 cuft a piece or 3.4 for 2 but i dont have the space should this work well.. jw if you know

thanks again

im sort of limited... how much space should i give them my original goal was 3.4cuft.. but i really cant do that w/o moding.... how much space do you guys reccomend.... and do u think i should tune differently..? maybe 30? jw i like the sound of a 30hz wave better than a 36 but idk if its becuase my car shakes more or wat??.. idk just need some advice thanks..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

billy18bm

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
billy18bm
Indianapolis
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date