911 almost finished

Participant count
  • Participants list

lilgator
10+ year member

box is built two identical chambers built together in one box each chamber is 24w x 30l x 17 high external dimentions. each chamber has a port of 5"wide by 23" long and 15.5" high with no bends "yet" I plan on tuning lower. This is for two re sx 15" and the calculations I have is approx 4.2 cubes @ 34hz before sub displacement.

a local stereo shop said my port openings are too wide, but on the re box calculator it was the only way to get the numbers to come out right.... Is the 77sq of port a piece too much for re sx 15's

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

the box is not all the way put together so I have time to correct any miscalculation I may have made. all that is remaining is cut out sub holes and screw / glue the top on.

I broke the bank on a all out SQL install on my weekend cruiser suv and I want it to be right.

I can email pics to anyone that can help.... PLEEEZE

It may be a tad high for some peoples liking but I have found that in between 16-20 sq in of port per cubic feet works well for most of my applications. You are just a bit over 18 so for my taste you are about right on, but only you will be able to tell for sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.