Help me w/ my premier 780

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigguy2010
10+ year member

SQ
MI
I want to hook up my laptop or anything with a headphone jack to my hu using the blue aux1 jack on the back....i went and bought a plan stereo cable from radio shack and only the left side of the speakers work untill u pull the cord out of the radio about 1/8 of an inch, then they cut in and out, but then it falls out...i know the jacks not bad because the radio is like new....and its not the fader or any other audio adjustment...so thats ruled out...im thinkin theres a special cord that has a shorter male end that will work on hu jack? Anyone know anything?

yes its a plane 6' cable from radio shack 3.5mm....it almost seems the actual plug part is to long that goes inside the jack

Is the cable a standard universal 3.5mm plug? Sounds to me like you got some specialized cable for microphone/recording **** or something. It shouldn't be too long for the hole, should slide right in their nice and deep like and definately all the way. Go get a new cable and make sure for one it's shorter, but also that it's a universal cable... betchya you have the wrong one. Otherwise, get the p-bus adapter and use the rca > minijack if all else fails.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.