FIRST box help!

Participant count
  • Participants list

unknownmotive
10+ year member

So im building my first box for one Pioneer Ts1207 d2 sub. It going to be sealed since I dont have much room. It will be around 1.25 cu feet. When building the box can i use 1/2 MDF cause i have a sheet in my garage or should i use 3/4 Mdf? Do i need to add support to the box like structrual support or will wood gue and some screws hold it togeather? What size screws?

Using 1/2" and some bracing I think you should be fine if you dont plan on throwing it a lot of power....Try a double baffle or some wood dowels with 2x2's on the seams of the box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I think you're gonna have to get good with fiberglass or something, or find someone with a 3d laser scanner that can 3d print or mold you some...
I've used that driver and the ported box is closer to about 2 cubes. We did 1 in a stuffed/sealed 1-1.25 cubic foot box, stuffed with 1 lb of...
Absolutely. I am always learning and think it's probably impossible to stop learning. I appreciate the advice and don't doubt for a second the...
People didn't like ported boxes because the port noise and needing a bigger box. Therefore, instead of 1-sub in a ported, they would go with...

About this thread

unknownmotive

10+ year member
unknownmotive
San Diego
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from