Peerless Exclusive 7" vs Rainbow SLC w165

Omarvelous
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Queens, NY
If i decide to go passive, was considering the Rainbow SLCs...

If i go active, one of the woofers I was looking at would be the Peerless Exclusive 7".

Now, I COULD get the SLCs, and later on down the road run them active.... which brings me to my questions...

Any1 from experience or expertise, which driver would be "better" the Peerless Exclusive 7" or Rainbow SLC's 6.5" w165?

Also.... what would be a good tweet to complete the Peerless active setup.

The Peerless Exclusive 7" is one of the best sounding midbass drivers money can buy and they are priced really nicely. Although the SLC's are nice, they wont even come close to the Peerless especially for the price.

For the tweeter Im going to suggest the Seas Neo Aluminum. Its an incredible tweeter that sounds even nicer than the CAL25 that comes with the SLC's and its also a very easy price.

Run those active and you will have a set of comps that sound better than most options in the $700 to $1000 range for around $220.

i've heard the peerless 5.5 and the midrange was simply amazing. i would also recommend mating it with the seas neo alum. a mighty fine tweet for the money. peerless exclusive + seas neo alum = ~$220. With the right tuning will be much better than most comps as stated at a much higher price.

also the slc set doesn't come with the cal25.

For the tweeter Im going to suggest the Seas Neo Aluminum. Its an incredible tweeter that sounds even nicer than the CAL25 that comes with the SLC's and its also a very easy price.
Have you even heard the CAl25? Because it doesnt come with the current SLC set.

The Exclusive is a nice, larger driver.

Also, the Peerless Exclusives, i see they are 8ohm.

what is good to run them at and how many watts?

Would I have to parallel left and right to get 4ohm? ....

Tried to find this info, no luck as of yet.

You will simply need to run an amp that has more power for the peerless, since generally you see a huge powerloss from 8-4ohms. I would grab something around 200 per channel.

Also, the Peerless Exclusives, i see they are 8ohm.
what is good to run them at and how many watts?

Would I have to parallel left and right to get 4ohm? ....

Tried to find this info, no luck as of yet.
Ok.... so i can take an Orion 4004, run it bridged to get 200x2@4ohm, then feed 1 to each Peerless and it would sort it out.

So... is 200watts@4 ok? Since it will be getting less?

You will simply need to run an amp that has more power for the peerless, since generally you see a huge powerloss from 8-4ohms. I would grab something around 200 per channel.
yea, thx man. ok so 200 it is.

WOW thats a big sig!

I had the 165's active off 100w each. They sounded very nice to me, especially as a 2-way set. However, when introducting a midrange, I decided to get something that was built to be a midbass driver, so I went with the Seas L18. I haven't gotten to listen to them yet since I'm an idiot and used WAY too much modeling clay on my rings...which fell onto the speaker and destroyed one.

However, I did listen to the good one by itself and off 130w @ 8ohms...it shiiiines. Can't wait to get the set running.

Have you even heard the CAl25? Because it doesnt come with the current SLC set.
The Exclusive is a nice, larger driver.
I apologize for the mistake. I've had the chance to play with some SLC's before and for whatever reason I was always under the impression that the SLC's used CAL25 tweets.

I apologize for the mistake. I've had the chance to play with some SLC's before and for whatever reason I was always under the impression that the SLC's used CAL25 tweets.
apparently the "new" ones will include the Cal25..... was in a thread somewhere.

if you want something cheaper than the Peerless Exclusive 7.

try the Seas CA18RNX for $60

how about this one ?

Dayton RS28A4 $47

if you want something cheaper than the Peerless Exclusive 7.try the Seas CA18RNX for $60

how about this one ?

Dayton RS28A4 $47
Price ain't a problem.

Willing to spend up to as much as the Rainbow SLCs would cost.

I'll look into those however n see how the par. But been hearing TOOO many great things about the Peerless Exclusives. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Omarvelous

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Omarvelous
Queens, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date