building a wall in the backseat of 4 door car....but no side walls?

Participant count
  • Participants list

aaron7114
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
I am considering taking my system out of my trunk and moving it to the backseat and build a wall. I have seen a few systems as of late with a wall where they didn't really have a whole box. They had a front wall and a back wall of course. I'm not sure if they had the top or bottom or not. But then they didn't have the side walls. They were using the vehicle sorta as the box.

In one setup it was a 4 door. It was actually pretty cool because they could open up the back doors and get into their box, where they could easily rewire their subs and such. Then the other setup I seen was a 2 door.

Just curious to if this is smart or not? I'm thinkin about doin it with mine. Wall it off right behind the front seat and have the back wall right outside of the trunk, where I can have the entire trunk open for amps, batteries, storage, etc. Then havin the bottom board. Then not putting a board on the top or the sides.

Would that work or is it pretty necessary to have boards on all sides?

Any suggestions on building a wall in a 4 door car is welcome as well. Will be starting this pretty soon.

Thanks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You'll have to seal the front of the wall to the car, and do it really well. You'll also have to have the wall far enough forward that it is entirely in front of the rear door opening. I know in my car that wouldn't be possible because the front seats are in the way. You would also have to make sure that the rear doors are sealed really well. Sounds like a lot of pain for no real gain to me.

I went and measured today where the box would go and the measurements I got were 52 wide, 22 deep, 37 tall. This ends up bein around 24 cubes which is quite a bit bigger than what it needs to be for two 15" l5s.

Also like helotaxi said the wall would have to be in front of the rear door opening. Now I could do this but it would make it uncomfortable for the driver and passenger in the front.

So what I was thinkin is ditch the idea of using the side of the cars as walls, and actually putting up board as the side walls.

This is going to be kinda hard to explain but here is my idea...

Have the front board go from the ceiling to the floor in the car and have it as far back behind the front seats as it can go (up against where the backseat is). Then take the backseat cushion out and set the bottom board on top (where the cushion was). Then lay the back board where the back part of the backseat went. So the back wall will be angled back. Then of course have the side and top boards match up with the front and back.

By doing that I will be able to have the subs and wall farther back allowing the driver and passenger more room to move their seats in the front. I would also still have a little storage space in the floor board between the front seats and wall. Then of course I would have my entire trunk open for amps, batteries, storage.

Let me know what you think.

You can also recess the amps and batteries and so forth down the sides where the rear doors give you access to them.
That would be pretty cool. So what do you think of my new idea? Were you able to understand it?

heres mine....

IMG00220.jpg

My backseats are still fully functional. back seats have an amp rack on one side and cushioned seats on the other. im hitting 150+ with my MTs and Sundowns. Wanted to be crazy loud as a fully functional daily driver. mission accomplished i guess?

Thats what I would like to do but i have humps in my trunk which would prevent me from doin that with two 15s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.