alternative place to connect horn output

Colt9699
10+ year member

Rockstar
Erie Pa
I have the wiring diagram for my vehicle and i know which wire to hook it too, just cant find the **** wire.

is there another place to connect the horn wire other than in my steering colum?

I even looked for the horn under the hood and cant find it........figured i could dmm it and figure the - line and connect it there.

any help would be great.

I would find the horn under the fount of the car and just connect it at the source, or at least take a good look at it and then try to match it up with one under the steering column.

What are you trying to do, might be of more help if we knew.

1999 Mercury Villager

I am just trying to get the horn to honk when I arm the unit.

All i have now is the light flash.

Its Crimestopper unit

You misunderstand me, Its not that I cant find the right wire, I cant find any of the wires.

This steering coloum is the weirdest one I have ever seen and there is not wire running thru that I can see no rubber grommet or boot that i see either.

Any way you can post pics? If you cant find any wires, you may have to take the bottom of the steering column off and find the ignition switch and follow the wires from there.

Any way you can post pics? If you cant find any wires, you may have to take the bottom of the steering column off and find the ignition switch and follow the wires from there.
X2 i was just gonna type that. gotta pull the shroud off and look for them. the wires have to be there exposed otherwise they wouldnt tell you to grab them there. try to post a few pics of it. or you can just get a siren and use that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.