Was installing my EQ and something shorted...

Participant count
  • Participants list

SAG3
5,000+ posts

________
So, I bought a new EQ this morning and I was putting it in. After I wired it up, I was putting it into the dash under the CD player, I guess one of the power connections behind the dash got loose and it starting sparking. It stopped after a couple seconds and now when I try to turn on my CD player and EQ nothing turns on. I checked the radio fuse and it's fine and getting power. But, when i check the 12v acc wire and 12v wire to the battery, they both don't even have 1v going through them. I don't know where or how to start finding the problem... This fukcing *****............. Is there anywhere that might have been a problem before for others?

This is in a 95 Integra.

get a wire diagram... Check your vehicle fuses... also look at a wire diagram and trace the wire down. Make sure it didnt burn up and die... I would be wiulling to bet its a fuse... you may find some other systems not working as well if this is the case but not always.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.