What to use to seal ported box?

c_hayhurst
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Despite my best efforts, I have many gaps in my new ported enclosure. What is best to seal the gaps in the edges?

I'm going to just run the speaker wires out of the port and not use a terminal cup.

Think I used enough screws? I screwed them all in by hand, btw. My forearms are really sore!

Way too many screws. Like others have said, it doesn't look like you used any wood glue.

What you need to do is go buy a cheap ass drill from harbor freight for about $10 or less. Then go buy some wood glue from Home Depot or Lowes. Take the enclosure apart with the drill and then glue the enclosure together using only as many screws as it takes per panel to hold the wood together while the glue dries. Once it has dried, use some silicone on the inside edges. You do not need to silicone the port though.

Nope, no wood glue.

Guess I'll have to go out and get some. Some silicone, too, I guess.

I'll look for a cheap-o electric drill/screwdriver, too. The cheapest one at Lowe's was $30 and I can't justify blowing money on something I'll use once, maybe twice.

Nope, no wood glue.
Guess I'll have to go out and get some. Some silicone, too, I guess.

I'll look for a cheap-o electric drill/screwdriver, too. The cheapest one at Lowe's was $30 and I can't justify blowing money on something I'll use once, maybe twice.
Pawn shop $5 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.