truck syndrome.

m4i2k2e2
10+ year member

this is my chin bank
ma
the guy from kicker told me i could have truck syndrome. my subs are in a reg cab dodge ram. port and sub firing up. he told me to try to down fire them. he says if the subs dont have something a couple inches infront of them of something for the air or some BS to hit against it could cause this so called truck syndrome.

has anyone ever heard of this. oh yea the syndrome is because at certain points in deep bass the sound as if they are possibly bottoming out or something, idk.

so, BS or will it be worth my time?

interesting. i seem to be lacking in the "deep bass" department but i was told it was my port area and tunning. i drive a extended cab taco.

i would say this is BS, however, at SBN, the Digital Designs Truck with 4 1008's was setup like this. it was an extended cab, and when i got in the guy told me to push my seat back to push the subs up against the back wall. obviously it was LOUD for 8's. later when i asked him about the box, he just said it had a lot of port area.

That's BS imo. Muffling a sub by pointing it down or into a seat may help cover up distortion or bad sound but I've heard a lot of subs facing up that sound pretty good. I have mine facing up in my Ram now, no probs.

My first box in my ranger was downfired because I was also told that then later on I faced them up. The subs when facing up sounded a little more violent but I think it's just because it was angled towards the front seats. Downfiring sounded a little cleaner IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.