Slotted or Round Ports?

i prefer square, or slotted, but usually square if at al possible. it think that a lack of proper tools (all of them are at home in cali) will force me to do a sqaure port for my new setup.

What do you mean a lack of tools? You just need a PVC pipe (or a fancy aero port) cut to length, and then you slide it into a hole in the box and secure it.

Tools...Router (optional, for hole cutting) Jigsaw could cut both the pipe and the hole if it came right down to it. Then maybe a drill to secure it down? I think the extra work of fitting and cutting extra wall and screwing them down is much harder than cutting a hole and sliding a pipe into it.

What do you mean a lack of tools? You just need a PVC pipe (or a fancy aero port) cut to length, and then you slide it into a hole in the box and secure it.
Tools...Router (optional, for hole cutting) Jigsaw could cut both the pipe and the hole if it came right down to it. Then maybe a drill to secure it down? I think the extra work of fitting and cutting extra wall and screwing them down is much harder than cutting a hole and sliding a pipe into it.
i just moved into an apartment that is 12 hours from my hometown where all my tools are. i only have basic stuff right now, but my gf is bringing my jigsaw, my freedom light, my drill index and a new drill.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.