L7 doesnt seem like its wanging as hard as I expected

krisfnbz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Frederick MD
and the Last thing I want to do is raise the gains to try and overcompensate for what I feel might be "missing". Its a 15 inch Kicker....powered by a hifonics 1606d, I know its rated at 1600 but ive read everywhere and they only seem to put out about 1450-1500, which should still be enough to make this thing wang. I have checked my connections, and they seem to be right. My grounds are good and my voltage is good...12awg wire....But I have 2 runs of 4awg.... not the 2awg or 1 awg that was recommended... but that shouldnt be the problem(if their is even one) I just see videos of people with 2 type r 12's and 1 15 type R and I should be rattling my car MORE than they are...

well everytime I start my car...the time clock on the car resets to 1:00PM and all of my head unit settings reset to default. I have a Pioneer 5900. The reason why is that I have the power wire and memory wire connected together red to red and yellow to yellow... and then all of them connectected together. otherwise if I do red on red...... and then yellow on yellow seperately the head unit wont turn on. Thus way the power is connected to the memory and it works(I dont really mind resetting the head unit everytime) so I dont think the HP on the head unit is on... and I dont think the hifonics amp has a high pass....i havnt seen one..

kris - after reading your description of the way the HU is wired I would have to say that you missed something really simple in the initial install.

The red wire needs to go to switched power and the yellow needs to go to constant power (to retain your EQ settings, clock, station presets and such) and if wiring it that way will not allow the deck to turn on at all then there is either something faulty in the wiring in your ride or there is a problem with the deck.

kris - after reading your description of the way the HU is wired I would have to say that you missed something really simple in the initial install.The red wire needs to go to switched power and the yellow needs to go to constant power (to retain your EQ settings, clock, station presets and such) and if wiring it that way will not allow the deck to turn on at all then there is either something faulty in the wiring in your ride or there is a problem with the deck.
it was the same way with the last head unit I had....with the POS system I had...I tried wiring it the correct way to get my memory to worka nd it wouldnt work... its the wiring on the car or something because im positive my wiring is right.

I mean the head unit turns on and works 100% way it should... the only thing im missing is the presets etc staying the same when wired right. I dont see how this is relevant to the situation im describing? maybe im just a dumbasssss

if you dont know how to install a cd player i would recommend going to a shop and having them fix your screw ups. sorry to sound like a ass, but its the truth.

also it could be your box

maybe your box is messed up in tuning, or something like that, i would definately redo the HU though, so you can keep your original settings.
Thats the only thing that I can think of that might be "wrong". Believe me I would like to keep my settings the way they are all the time but I dont feel like going through the hassle of it. Plus everytime I start my car at the end of the ride my clock tells me how long the car has been started, which I think its pretty cool

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.