Need Help for Future Car Audio shop.

JuStBlAzEiTuP
10+ year member

A friend of mine and I are planning on opening up a car audio shop. Some lower quality lines we are already looking to carry are Kicker, and Memphis. Pretty much those are already set up but i am looking to bring in two high quality lines. One of those being Mostly Mids and Highs set ups and the other being More towards the Subwoofers..I was wondering how good is Soundstream. I was recommending him that but i have been having second thoughts lately and i was thinking about telling him to pick up Digital Designs instead.

Basically what i need to know...how is the quality of Soundstream products. not Soundstorm (i know some people get them confused). and if its not that good what are some recommendations. They must have powerful amps and im looking for High quality only. Thanks for your help!!!

some other lines we are considering are:

CDT Audio

Zapco (for mids and highs *pretty much set in stone*)

MMats (is this stuff still any good?)

TC sounds.

Remember- if you want to start a store, you MUST carry stuff that will appeal to the average Joe. I'm talkin like Sony, Pioneer, JVC, Panasonic.... stuff like that. Why? Thats where most of your slaes will be... people who just want a cheap upgrade for their cars.

Aside from that, I'd say carry Kicker, Memphis, CDT, Zapco amps, TC subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

we have not buy in for kicker because the distributor we have here locally carries them and they said we have no buy in.

and yes i already know about having your basic stuff for your average consumer.

anymore suggestions???

regarding if mmats is any good as you have posted above, yes they are. i'd definately carry those. also you could try crystal, image dynamics, and treo.

i had a friend here in canada, primarily sell, audio equipment that most people did not hear about.... what happened to his business, it slowly declined and he shut down..... people don't wanna pay for a dd 9500 unless you are a serious audio junkie who knows more beyong the realm of sony, panasonic, and your staple alpine... i would suggest a highend product to appeal to the enthusiast which will be able to give them ho amps, subs and so on....

just my 2 cents...

Id shake your hand if you got rainbow.

I assume its in Georgia so good choice with memphis. Soundstream is a good choice, they have a huge lineup with everything from the inexpensive series to top of the line products. Power acoustik is cheap, pretty reliable, and have a descent name out there. Profile is super cheap and in my opinion best deal out there.

The idea is to have a couple high end companies to attract people via the name, have the typical junk that everyday people will come in and buy, the good deals for the consumer like profile and PA.

Speakers, RCAs, and Wiring have a huge markup and typically make the most money for audio companies...other than install. Cheap amplifiers are great because if you sell an amplifier, you get a descent profit margin, and the customer will typically buy the accessories to go with it at the same time.

CDT is a great choice, but they are pretty expensive and not well heard of.

x3

If you're buying through distro, you're gonna have a hard time staying in business competing with sonixelectronix and the like. The margins are so slim between what you'll pay and eBay pricing that you have to have an edge. A few nice installs right off the bat will help. I'd also plan on stocking a lot of the install stuff that people need all the time, i.e. wires, fuses, RCA's, etc because the margins are much higher and people usually need that stuff right away, and won't want to pay for eBay expedited shipping.

Good luck

Yah are you going to have a "showroom" or anything or do installs

i dont think you know what your getting into

i mena if you have the money go ahead and try

the shop that i usually go to shut down becasue they started off good then totaly went down hil becasue they wernt doing good installs, charging to much, so at the end right before they **** down they sold me friend 2 BNIB 15" l7's for 200 becasue they needed them gone they lost so much money making that store

regarding if mmats is any good as you have posted above, yes they are. i'd definately carry those. also you could try crystal, image dynamics, and treo.
mmats, treo, and dd. all the same ****. dd has far superior build quality. all three are the same woofers and a great product.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.