new jack to home stuff. help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmoreno150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey wassup everyone been on the car audio side for a while so i'll try the home stuff. i dont know jack about home theatre stuff. i just bought a 40" jvc lcd a surround sound set up a dvi hd dvd player and i have digital cable. now what would i need to run all this as far as the receiver goes. the tv has 2 hdmi inputs would i just connect the cable to one and the dvd to the other or should i go throught a receiver. what would you reccomend thanxs to all.

yeeaa its an upconverting dvd player. as for a receiver i have an older one.
well ill have to say with the little you said hdmi straight to tv. (without hdmi most dvd players wont upconvert MOST not all)

and then optical to the receiver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.