Rainbow/ARC system set-up Question?

genxx
10+ year member

Team JL Audio
Oklahoma
I will try to keep this brief. This is what I am possibly looking at. I am runnning a full active set-up. I have everything listed except for the set of Rainbow Powerline CS275.27.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif I already have the Rainbow Profi Van CS365.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

8455 or 880 got'em both. I will decide which one as I get further along.

FD 4100 bridged 180x2 @ 4ohms-running CS275.27 mids

FD 4150 80x4 @ 4 ohms- running Cal27(in kicks) and Cal26(a-pillar)possibly

FD 2200 100x2 @ 4ohms-either running the Profi Van 4" or 6.5" in the kick undecided for now

FD 1200.1 1010x1 2 ohms/1000x1 1ohms- FD12d4 x 2

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif Question is do you think I have enough headroom and the power to speaker correct? For example enough power for say the Powerline mids.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything Below is just FYI info no need to read unless you want to.

I am not asking about speaker location or anything as the install will not even start until sometime in 2008 and hopefully be fully completed and ready to compete for the 2009 SQ season. It will take this Fukin' long to figure out how to fit it all in a 2006 F250 CrewCab Lariat and tune it properly.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif About 1 yr. to 1 1/2 yrs I figure, as I cannot just give up my truck for 6+ months straight.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

FYI I also have 2x ARC MEQ-30. I will be running a pair of Rainbow KX130 in the rear of the HU, ran from switch to turn them on and off. When I get around to doing the video set-up in the truck for rear fill.

Thanks for any input Brian

Like most unreal SQ Cars..Thats alot of gear..

My Old Buddy Lee from Image Dynamics Team gose all out like this too..

Im guessing the EQ30's are mono? L/R

I dont think you can go wrong with the gear & setup..

8455 or 880 got'em both. I will decide which one as I get further along.

If I Had To Decide I'd Take the 8455 Out Of Theis 2..

FD 4100 bridged 180x2 @ 4ohms-running CS275.27 mids

With a Full FDlineup Thats About the Only One To Get That Amount Of Power

I'd Say Go For It..

FD 4150 80x4 @ 4 ohms- running Cal27(in kicks) and Cal26(a-pillar)possibly

NICE!! Thats what Im doing In my Dakota Reg Cab For My Kicker SS6.2's

FD 2200 100x2 @ 4ohms-either running the Profi Van 4" or 6.5" in the kick undecided for now

Great Amp I Have One On My Floor Right Now!!

I Have No Input on the Speakers Or Set Here..

FD 1200.1 1010x1 2 ohms/1000x1 1ohms- FD12d4 x 2

Are You Set On That Set of Subs? I Think You Can Find Better..

But They Are OK.. Great Amp..

Good Luck With Your Install..

Peace Troy

I'd go with one set of tweeters and then ditch the 2200. You are making it more complicated than it needs to be. Instead, before you finalize locations, velcro the tweeters you like most in various locations to see how they sound. I think you will find you can achieve the sound you desire with one pair of tweeters properly installed. FWIW I had my Cal26s in the kicks and I loved them. I didn't feel like my stage was pulled down, and tonally they were spot on. I'm going to try out a few different locations with my Cal28s before I make a final decison, but I will not spend money on extra tweeters for marginal stage (height or width) improvement when (to me) tonality means so much more.

This is only one more amp than had last time, with a completely dif set-up. I do not mind it being more complex and adding more flexibility. It will be more of a pain the ass though. I am not dead set on two pair of tweeters but will probably buy the Powerline CS275.27, for the mid. It gives a Cal27 to play with along with my Cal26 so it cool. I would do two pair only and only if there is a marginal difference. If I go with one then I will take the pwr from one set and use it to run the KX130 in the rear when I have then on. Scince I alreaady got all the amps I will just use the all if needed. If not It gives me a back up if--I am not even going to say it and ginxs myself.

Like you said there will test placement and replacement until I get the sound I want. Got a couple of knowledge people actually doing the install with my input and my ear as to what I want and how I want it to look. As usual I always help with my installs so everything is excatly the way I want it and for some reason I always like to do the bulk of the sound deadening, because I am anal about it.

I have not played with the MEQ-30s yet I opened the box and that is about it. Yes they are mono as far as I am tracking. I got a deal on them BNIB from a buddy who had them laying around and never used them. Which is where I got 2 of my BNIB ARC amps also. He decided he wanted to go Zapco so I was more than happy to help him get there, with a discount on the MEQ-30s and the amps of course.

I will make a decision on the HU also. SQ of the deck is #1, how the features can be integrated and then looks. Right now it is the 8455 going in and the Pionoeer as my back-up HU.

Thanks to everyone for the input so far. I will take all input into consideration as the process goes along. I am sure you will see more questions in the future.

Keep the input and opinions coming

Thanks Brian

with that ford, you are going to have a hard time with the bass setup. with that cab, i think you would be way better off with a single 10" or 12", or a few 6" woofers. you will have plenty of headroom if you are truely after a SQ setup.

i'd keep it simple. run which ever midbass you want in doors, run the 4 in the kick (i don't see a real reason to run a 6.5" in the kicks for a dedicated midrange, and either run one set of tweets in the kicks as well or in the pillars. gotta experiment first. did you already order the powerlines? i'd try to run your profis active first before getting the powerlines.

but if you can i'd suggest some diy mids as its a better bang for the buck. i would use diy speakers, but the speakers i want to use, simply don't fit in my car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Single 12 is what I ran before and it worked perfect. I honestly think it will 1 x 12 again. I got 2 so I got a back-up. The 6.5 in the kicks was just a thought. My first choice it the 4". I did not buy the Powerline yet but I really am likeing the mid after I heard one.

Reccomend me a DIY mid that is comparable to the Powerline. I am open for anything. I can buy a couple different ones, use the Profi Van mid and test them out against each other to see what will work best. Then later if I felt the need could go the POwerline route.

I just want 98% of what is going in the truck or will be tested in my hand when the build starts. I do not want to have to wait for this to that to ship, as once I start time will not be on my side.

never heard the powerline mids before but getting up to almost 1g for a set of components is wow. how do they sound?

the peerless sls 6.5" would be great i think. i auditioned the sls 8" and this thing wangs, gets low, very balanced sound, and punchy. so if the 6.5" is anything similar to that that is what i'd use but again i can't fit them in my doors. the only difference i'd imagine between the 8" and 6.5" is that the 6.5" will not be able to get as low as the 8". the 8" can easily play down to 20hz in ib configuration so maybe the 6.5" can only play down to 40-50hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif, not bad i must say. $50 a pop, hard to beat really.

seas L18's. these sound very similar to the lotus refs. very snappy and can easily play down to 50-60hz.

seas w18nx. the "king of midbass" reviewed by npdang.

They are shocking to say the least. They are like nothing I have ever heard. They will play almost as low as a say a 10" driver. They are the most controlled, loud, powerful, balanced mid and I have ever heard. They could acutally almost compete with a nice 8" or 10" sub in the 60 to 80hz range. Thats why I am so jumpy about getting them. I have heard them in two dif set-up and both times I could not believe that was actually coming from a mid driver. There is an old review on DIY or on here about these mids but I cannot remeber what they said the Freq range they where getting out of them was. I will try to find the link and post it on here later.

I will go look at and check out the seas and go find that review from npdang. Thanks

The other thing is I am trying to make this as close to stealth system as possible. This will be a major pain the a**. So mids in doors locations, then the kicks. Amps & MEQ-30s under the rear seat somehow and the sub and 1 amp behind the rear set. What am I getting myself into.

too, late you already started //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

to make it super stealth, i'd do 4 and tweets in the kicks. when i ran my cal27's in the kicks, off axis, man the stage was pretty high. easily above the dash. i toyed with the 27's in the pillars and kicks and to me it was no contest. the imaging and staging were much better in the kicks. stage was wider, focus improved immensely. this probably due to the reduced path length difference. with the tweets in kicks you don't have to worry reflections.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.