Full Avic D-3 Bypass Walkthrough (56K Friendly)

Qbenjamin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Braavos
I think that it's obsurd that people are actually paying for this on EGAY ($30). I have taken the liberty of doing it myself and posting it for ya, I will keep it simple.

Tools: Small eyeglass screwdriver (Ideal); Small icepick (Ghetto);

DO NOT RIP THE WIRE OUT OF THE HOLE!!!!!

Here's what I used for the job:
show_image.pl

Here she is the D3:
show_image.pl

Look for this harness with all the RCA jacks in it:
show_image.pl

Find the wire that says "MUTE" Do you see the little silver dots on the harness? This is where your going to press down on to get the wire out.
show_image.pl

show_image.pl

While pressing down on the silver part, pull on the wire GENTLY to remove it. Once it is pulled out completly, it will have the crimp on the end of it. Once you get that wire out this is what the harness should look like:
show_image.pl

Now, you are going to stick that wire COMPLETELY into the hole on the bottom left. (THIS IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT) If you are having trouble getting it in, make sure that you have turned the wire the opposite way that you have pulled it out to get it back in. A little metal tab should be facing the bottom.
show_image.pl

This is what your final product should look like with the wire in the new spot.
show_image.pl

Now once you are ready to install the HU, make sure that you ground that (MUTE) wire and the PARKING BRAKE wire. This might have taken me a total of four minutes to actually bypass.............

Why not just ground the e-brake wire? I am about to buy this unit, but I am curious on the bypass.
It will still say that crap about viewing of front video.........Gray screen will appear and block out everything. If you want it done, do it the way that I showed. Make sure that you re-set your unit after you do the bypass.

did the bypass on mine and it worked perfect. thanks qbenjamin for all your help. i did the bypass when i installed mine do i still need to reset it?

?

If it anything like the Clarion MAX675VD in my wife's Navigator then all you would have to do is simply wire the eBrake wire from the deck to a toggle switch and then ground the other side. Once the radio is on and to which ever source you use that says Audio Only (no video), toggle the switch. It's that simple.

The new units need to "see" a ground that wasn't there and then suddenly made to activate.

?
If it anything like the Clarion MAX675VD in my wife's Navigator then all you would have to do is simply wire the eBrake wire from the deck to a toggle switch and then ground the other side. Once the radio is on and to which ever source you use that says Audio Only (no video), toggle the switch. It's that simple.

The new units need to "see" a ground that wasn't there and then suddenly made to activate.
Why don't you buy the Avic-D3 and try that, and maybe then, you will understand why I posted that it has to be done the way I explained..........You don't need a toggle switch with the way I have explained this also.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.