tire rubbing fender

hawaiian5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i have a 2003 accord sedan with 19" giovanna wheels that are wrapped in 235/35/19 falken tires. i lowered the front and back down to about 1 and half inch above the tires. the front does not rub the fenders alot, only on dips in the road if im going 60 mph or more. but the back rubs like crazy. on yurns, dips in the road, any little thing and it rubs. i got a **** good adjustable suspension kit that came with struts. is there any way to stop this without having to lift the back of the car?. how good will rolling the fenders be? what does it look like when someone rolls there fenders?. any kind of help will do. is rubbing the fenders common when using this size wheels?

I've rolled the inner fender lip on a few cars to fit big slicks inside. To do it right you need to make a bunch of cuts with a hacksaw or cut off wheel. Then you can pound the inner lip flat with a hammer, being VERY careful not to dent the panel. Or you can use a cut off wheel and just cut it out as it's a LOT easier that way.

Can't tell how much you'll gain since I can't see the car. You should be able to tell by how much the lip protrudes out.

yeah. i got adjustable struts. i like the look of my car the way it is now. i dont wanna raise it because i dont wanna loose that lowered look. will rolling the fenders make it look flared?

ok kool. thx for the info. i was worrying that rolling the fenders would give a undesireable look. also, is it really common for the tires to rub like this?

Your average joe schmoe wont have any idea that you rolled the fenders.

Its not common for tires to rub, but thats what happens when you put rims on your car that are either to wide or to large in diameter.

yea make cuts in your lip, like a few inches between each other, if you trust your buddy, use a bat, have your bud just go forward in inches with the bat wedged in there and you controlling it, should roll it right up, be careful!

this is the gangster way ...
yea dude, dont do that, if you are even asking this question, then you dont have enough knoeledge to do that, you fill **** your quarter panels big time. Beat it with a hammer, or wedge something round in there and try to push it up a little. Only other choice is lift the car, or get wheels with a different offset if possible

LOL @ using a baseball bat.

Rent or buy a fender rolling tool if you wish to do it yourself, you will also need a heat gun. I'm not going to go into detail how to do it since I doubt you will do it this way... the right way.

Your best bet is to find a shop that will roll them for you. If you are they are not careful you can crack your paint FYI.

i just put a pic of my car in my avatar. my pc skills aint that good so i really dont know how else to upload a side view so all of u can see. as soon as i figure this out, ill send a side view of my car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.