Chassis To Engine question

juan310
10+ year member

im doing the big three upgrade on my 2000 ford mustang and i need to find a connection on the engine blcok to ground to the chassis

will this bolt work?

dscf1174lf0.jpg

Wire it intertwined through your rims, and wrap directly around your engine block then ground it to your chassis. For more risk of moving parts and heat, mount it to your alternator bracket!

Not a good idea. You need to be extremely careful of heat (or wrap the wire in a heat resistant cover perhaps...) and moving parts anywhere nearby. Be wary of alternators, belts, exhaust, transmission, and the like. Your best bet is to keep looking. Nothing in those two pictures looks spectacular... I can take a look at a friend of mine's 01 mustang and give you some ideas perhaps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Hello!I'm in France and I can't register on Hifiengine for unknown reasons and i need to download the service manuals for Blaupunkt Baden Baden...
Then I don't really seen the need to run a ground directly from the alt, but given your situation, it can't hurt.
I would run another ground wire to cleaned off metal. Sometimes there is a Metal Bracket under the dash that generally work well. You can try...
Sounds like a ground loop, especially with the hokey ground. I'd ground to the body, do the big three. Run a ground from the radio to the amp's...
Nice looking RCAs. Most vehicles these days have quite a bit of wiring to go back to the vehicle lighting ect that run along the bottom door...

About this thread

juan310

10+ year member
juan310
Los Angeles, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from