Port Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

GstRdr1
10+ year member

I'm building a cusom box and I have a question....Can you have a port tube that extends outside of the box?? I've only built them with the port inside the box. I've heard of this being done but does it effect the sound of the box??

Well I have never heard of that being done at all nor have I ever seen it....but I'm sure that if it was done it would have so effect on the sound in some way....I mean you can't just change a port design and or lenth and expect it to sound the same as it did before you changed it....I'm willing to bet it sounds like crap....but I could be wrong since I have never heard it..

Adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'm trying to do 4 18 inch resilient sound platinums in a cpillar flat wall .4 to 5 cubes per was told they like 12 to 16 inches per cube . I have...
Personally I'd likely go slot ported with the low tuned side of the box and aero on the high tuned side. 6th orders are just big by design
Yep. Point A. The last 3/4 of an inch on the exit end of the port won’t count in the displacement though. Take 3/4 off your length. You also have...
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...

About this thread

GstRdr1

10+ year member
GstRdr1
St. Louis
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from