Have you ever think about modify your crossover?

Participant count
  • Participant list

paulyang

I have DLS UP5 compenents.....i just take a look at its corssover......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

if i replace better capacitors and resistors....will that give me better performance??

or.....i should replace capacitor on my AMP first...!?

my set up:

Audi Stock Head Unit (i do not plan to replace this one....0.0'')

AMP: Xtant 604

Speaker components: DLS UP5

Sub: Image Dynamics IDQ10

thank you!!

It's an option if you don't like the x-over point or slope used. You could build a new one to cross a little lower or higher and run a steeper slope or similar. I doubt you'll find much of a difference just changing to higher quality components alone. The real difference will be in what x-over point and slopes you use. As well, if you're this interested in modifying your x-over, you might as well consider just going active and get full control over it. There are some pretty affordable high end HUs available that are up to the task. It's just a matter of if you want to swap out your stock HU...if you even can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.