RE vs Audioque vs FI

Daher2323
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey guys its finally time to get some bass back. im coming from a 12" RE Audio SX off 1200 watts and am looking for something with lower power. Im going to be using about 800 watts and am looking for something with good sql. I'm looking into FI SSD, Audioque SD2.5, and RE Audio SE. Which would you recommend off 800 watts in around a 2 ft^3 ported enclosure? This will be a 12" sub

I'm assuming you have 800 watts @ 1 ohm?

I think the Audioque SD2.5 only comes in D4. But I could be wrong. Unless you got 2x of them, you would have a final load of 2 ohms.

I'd probably go with the SSD.

Either one I'm sure you'd be happy. I believe both subs are more SPL oriented then SQ however..

Just saw your sig.. a Nine.1?

Why not go with a Dual 2 Fi Q. That's a true SQL driver //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Give it 1200-1300 RMS @ 1 ohm, and it'll shine in SQ and SQL.

That's the amp I was originally going to buy for my Q.

yeah but my car doesnt seem to like that much power thats why im downgrading. I dont want to put a lot of money in for electrical upgrades. ive done the big 3 and that didnt help much. really just looking at these 3 unless any other suggestions with 600-800 power range. thanks

You probably just need a new battery under the hood. Get a kinetik or yellow top and you should be good to go.

If not, either one would be a good choice. I'd go with the SSD, but that's because I'm local lol. I'm heading over to a buddy of mines to help him install his in about an hour actually.

Not that hard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Out of those, I'd choose the SSD with a copper coil...

yeah but im used to the output of a SX and i dont want it to be that drastic of a difference. which of these off 800 watts will be closest to the SX? will 800 watts be enough to push the SSD to its full potential (i know its rated at 800 but i hear its underratted)?

Have you considered the SS Rl-p? seems to fit the bill, although i haven't heard an SX so i don't know it the output would compare.

have you guys heard the audioque before? havent heard many reviews about the sd2.5...i hear the ssd is comparable to the sx in output, but if 800 watts wont bring it to its full potential ill probably lean towards something else

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Daher2323

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Daher2323
Marietta, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date