best 6.5 component speakers

The best speakers are nothing without the best system design, install, tunning, and speakers placement.

But I would look at a three-way system or horns. I don't know which ones... I don't bother looking at speakers that I can't get for $250 or less at wholesale prices anymore... it's an issue of diminishing returns... once you get above a certain point, every time you double your money, any realized performance gains are so small it's not worth it.

Very good point Gary. Although a couple of months ago I got to hear a set of high doller Boston's. They sounded absolutly amazing, but they wanted a arm and a leg for them. No way I would pay that kind of money for them no matter how good they sounded.

focal utopia is what i had in mind but ****, they are expensive. I guess price is an issue:) , but i just wanted to see what yall had to say. I was also think about the diamond audio d9 components speakers. what yall think of those

Those Audio Technology C-Quenze 7's look interesting...$300 per mid, I'd like to hear what they can do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The hifonics comps with the blue lit drivers.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif Add a profile amp and a dual hu, finish it off with a $40 ab(used)15''maw sub, run off a 10000000 watt hifonics brutal ****in golitah of an amp @ .000000001 ohm !!!!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

D9 i wouldn't put as one of the higher end comps set. Good but nothing too exciting for a high end set. Hertz Mille, Focal Utopia Be, the Zapco Competition line speakers, some of the new CDT ES drivers are quite nice(not crazy high end), Seas, and DLS. Alot will depend on how the install is done. I mean look at the alpine demo vehicles. Never a huge fan of Alpine speakers but in that install they sound darn nice.

I agree with Alter about the d9 not being really a high end speaker. The Alpine type X line of speakers r nice, I gave them some consideration before going with the Jl XR's, both are VERY similar. The JL's & the Alpine type X r both a little over $400 for a set of 6.5 comps but you can get both the JL's & the Alpines for $200, brand new, on Ebay. I would say both of those are just starting to get into your high end. It really comes down to what YOU like & how much you want to spend!! Some other high end speakers I like is the MB Quart Q-line,JL ZR'S,Rainbow's high end line, and probably some of the best sounding is the Focal Utopia's. The of course is more but those are some that I have listened to and really like. Don't buy speakers according to what other tell you they like, go around & do some comparing. Good luck!

Those Audio Technology C-Quenze 7's look interesting...$300 per mid, I'd like to hear what they can do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Bingo...the finest drivers in the world IMO and the only drivers I'll ever use...the 18h's with the ring rev...nothing on the planet can touch it...no rainbow ref...no genny stuff no focal be.....NOTHING....trust me I've owned them all

Bingo...the finest drivers in the world IMO and the only drivers I'll ever use...the 18h's with the ring rev...nothing on the planet can touch it...no rainbow ref...no genny stuff no focal be.....NOTHING....trust me I've owned them all
i thought they were just beefed up dynaudio woofers... hmm...

anyways, i really like the seas excel nextel + hiquphon owI combo...

i just do not see the point of paying too much for car speakers...it's not a very good environment for audio and theres always the theft factor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.