JLW7 vs DD 3500d

APitBullT
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
their is this guy that needs some help in what to put in his ride, because he is going to be sponsored by his local radio station. and doesnt know what to put in.

several people have suggested JL, but one guy is suggesting DD. he keeps saying JL is crap. this is what he has posted....

Originally posted by CarAudioMechanik
JL is over priced crap
Originally posted by CarAudioMechanikI would rather buy 2 - DD Audio 3510's, 3512's or 3515's that handle 1600 watts each, than a JL 13W7 that handles 1000 watts. The 2 DD's would equal or be cheaper than that 1 crappy JL. The DD's are hand built and the power handling figures are under rated.
Originally posted by CarAudioMechanik
If your gonna waste that kind of money on JL the money would be better spent on DD Audio, which is better equipment.

and this is what i have posted...

SPL OR SQ?
dont listen to some of the post that has been made, you need to choose what path you want to go first?

also they paying for it or are you?

if them, then go all out.

if you are, you need to post how much you're willing to spend.
he hasnt replied to my post yet, but what way would you go? also what are the pro and cons.

any posts are greatley appreciated.

I'd probably do 4 3512's or something like that.

Hey, wait.Is that dude bri187 or whatever the **** his name is on here? lol (meaning that dude = him..... he thinks dd and zapco > world)

Click on the link in my sig for my setup.

I personally don't like the W7, but the W6v2 is an awesome sounding subwoofer. If I had to take it back I would have went with the W6v2 over the W7 in a heartbeat. At the time I had money to blow and figured if it was more expensive it was better.

The DD3512's I have now are much louder in comparison to the W7 I formerly owned. Musically they are ok, but they are much louder than the W7 hands down. I guess it depends on what the guy wants to do.

Hey, wait.Is that dude bri187 or whatever the **** his name is on here? lol (meaning that dude = him..... he thinks dd and zapco > world)
no not him,the guy im talking about lives in texas

but yeah im waiting on the sponsored guys comment, but what makes DD so much better? just cuz its louder?

no not him,the guy im talking about lives in texas
but yeah im waiting on the sponsored guys comment, but what makes DD so much better? just cuz its louder?
Never said it was better.It's just what'd I'd go with.No real reason.

If I was being fully sponsored, I wouldn't know what to do.What I do know is there is a limit for too much sub for daily. 4 9512's would be beyond that threshold for me lol.So 4 3512's sounded decent.Or even 3 ported 10's would do.

JL over priced i had a 12w7 and i liked it but i only bought it because some guy sold it too me at a Crackhead price it was nice i just wanted louder so i changed it up a bit. The 3500s are much cheaper then a Dub7 would be and a hell of alot louder. Thaey mostly SPL but still have very descent SQ. The JL hits good but its more smooth bass v the DD that will hit alot harder. Id go with the DD over the Dub7 anyday of the week since i have used both.

buddy of mine has a dub7 in his truck in a professional built and installed box. I went and built a box for my ranger with a type R and it was louder than the 7. Keep in mind the type R was $125 shipped.

jealousy isnt attractive.

two 3512's ported will smoke a single 13w7 and for around the same price you can have both of them, it just makes more sense.

If he's getting sponsored, I'd assume he's going to be competing. If thats the case I'd run DD hands down. A much better sub to compete with that can take crazy power.

If he's getting sponsored, I'd assume he's going to be competing. If thats the case I'd run DD hands down. A much better sub to compete with that can take crazy power.
dont take away from the w7 because they are amazing subs..but if its for comps then hands go wit more dd's..wait was it ever mentioned how many w7's he was gonna get or no

dont take away from the w7 because they are amazing subs..but if its for comps then hands go wit more dd's..wait was it ever mentioned how many w7's he was gonna get or no
Never was. All i was saying was if he was competing then DD hands down. Which you agreed with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.