need more oomph!

Participant count
  • Participant list

meistah
10+ year member

okay...so i bought a set of ht/computer speakers...its a 5.1 edifier set...the edifier s5.1s or something with the extra speaker for 6.1...i really like the speakers, but the subwoofer is just weak.

all together my system sounds nice enough...i just want more bass.

my thought was to use the 6 edifier speakers with like a 12" mach5 sub and a 300watt plate amp in a box, but outside of that im not sure what i would do...i really dont wanna spend alot of money on the whole thing, so i guess just an inexpensive 6.1at least receiver...doesnt need to put out much power as the speakers are only 25w rms each...

I've got a Mach 5 in a 4th order that would work well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

50 + shippin

hmm, definitely interested, even more so if you threw in the plate amp u got for sale...box might be a bit big for my lil room.

but like i was saying, im going to need a receiver to make all this work right? and if so(and im pretty sure i do) im gonna need some suggestions in that area as well

I've got a Mach 5 in a 4th order that would work well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
50 + shippin
Why you selling it?

Moving on to something bigger????

Also the best way to get more 'oomph' is to stop using the word 'oomph' and use better words like volume or sound pressure level... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

fine...im not really looking for more volume, the speakers themselves can get loud enough for me...im just looking for more bass...so spl i guess, but not necessarily more debeez...

i guess i could even get the receiver and build a ht sub and hook the speakers up to the receiver, and the ht sub, AND the sub from the edifier set for just that much more bass...as you can never have too much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.