Helping a freind with a setup: '06 Acura TL

Participant count
  • Participant list

Intrepid Bass
10+ year member

Dade County
FL
A buddy of mine finally decided on what he wants to do but a few people are telling him that its not worth it to put an 18 in a trunk, while others did it and were happy with the results.

What are some of your opinons on this? I made a thread for him so he can read the responses. I personally said to do 2 12" solo x's because he loves loud and sat in a few 155+ comp cars and vans and was in love. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

So, thoughts? the car is an 06 acura TL btw.

first off he doesnt have the proper room for an 18 does even have the power to supply it with?
Yeah thats why I suggested the 12's and we told him he's gonna need a super beefy electical.

My buddy has a TL and i doubt he can fit the proper box in the trunk of it and like sandman said, he needs atleast 5k watts to make that thing move. And does you friend realize with butt loads of power comes electrical upgrades and such?

the cost of the sub, amp(s) to run it and electrical will come out to somthing that will not be worth it...in my opionion, and I hope he knows it will not sound good for a daily driver. It would seem to make more sence to run a nice pair of 12's that would sound good and also get loud in a car like that.

Yeah he just sold his 2002 Exploroer. IMO I thik it would be better for the 12's???

Or can he pull this off with the correct electrical system. He's really determined and won't listen lol thats why I HAD to make a thread and show him what you guys say.

Nah no thread jack don't worry bud.

AH another delimma were on the Fi website and he's looking at the BTL 12's now lol thanks for the suggestion I underestimated the power those things can take.

Now he's looking into 2 12" bts and looking for amps now suggestions lol I better change the title.

EDIT: he doesn't have the sub yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.