What do you guys think of this for starting off my HT?

Randy Savage
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
New York
Thinking of starting off with just 2 fronts and the receiver for the time being, then adding the sub, and surrounds. I'm still undecided on the receiver, maybe I'll try to pick up a nice used Onkyo or Yamaha off Ebay.

For the fronts I'm thinking either Athena AS-F2.2's or WS-100's. The 100's can be had for around $350/pair and the 2.2's are about $100 more.

I really don't want to spend all that much, I'd like to stay around $5-600 for the 2 fronts and the receiver. It's a large room- around 28'x21', so I think towers would be my best bet, but tell me if I'm wrong.

Can I find anything better in the price range?

Also, any suggestions on a receiver? I was looking at a Onkyo TX-SR504 from ShopOnkyo, they're $180 refurbed. Good deal?

hmm, whats up with that deal? i researched it and that receiver sells at most places for $900-1000 and you also get a free pair of speakers with that receiver

why the would give away speakers rated 5-60 watts with a 120 watt per channel receiver is beyond me though

hmm, whats up with that deal? i researched it and that receiver sells at most places for $900-1000 and you also get a free pair of speakers with that receiver

Vanns has been around for a long time.

Authorized JVC dealer too.

Maybe JVC cut them a deal to clear out an '06 model?

That receiver looks nice, I have a similar one and I love it. Speakers look good too just make sure to listen to as many as you can at a local shop before you purchase (and choose the ones YOU like the most).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.