What new Alpine is comparable to the older CDA-7892

Bipolar
10+ year member

Certifiably Insane
I like my CDA-7892 Alpine but its a older unit that wont play MP3's. It was in my car when I bought it so I have no idea how much the unit cost new or what its comparable to. It has 3 sets of pre outs, a adjustable motorized face, a remote and other options. I want to buy a new Alpine in the same league as this one. What model should I look at? Below are the specs of my current unit..Thanks guys..

Player Type CD

Controlled Devices CD Changer • XM Ready

Amplifier / Speakers

Built-In Power Amplifier Yes

Built-In Amplifier RMS Power 4 x 21 Watts RMS

Built-In Amplifier Power 4 x 50 Watt

Radio

FM Presets 12

AM Presets 6

Tuner Type FM / AM

Dimensions

Depth 6.1 in.

Height 1.97 in.

Width 7 in.

Warranty

1 Year

Miscellaneous

MPN cda-7892

Product ID 20268440

More Information

the CDA-7892 includes the Bass Engine® Plus set of features - including Digital Time Correction and Media Xpander. It has 3 pairs of RCA outputs for complete system expansion. The 4V subwoofer preout is a perfect match for the new V12 AccuClass-D mono amplifers. The CDA-7892 is even compatible with XM Satellite Radio-

most of the newer models have alot less options, 2v preouts

no time correction.

try finding a cda - 9815 only a year old, you might be able to find a new one.

mp3/wma decoder. Media Xpander/Mobile Hub Link/XM Ready.

Bass Engine/5 Band Parametric EQ/Crossover/Time correction/sub phase.

3 pre-amp outputs, 4Volt pre outs w/ sub level control.

V-drive 60w internal amplifier. cd-r/cd-rw play back capability.

Ai changer controls for CHA-S634/CHA-1214/CHM-S630.

edit: bassmekanik beat me lol

speaking of 9815's...does anybody know if there is a place i can download the EQ settings so i can burn to a disc and install on my hu? i didnt even realize it had this feature until last nite and i looked at alpines web site but couldnt find the file...probably because they dont make this unit anymore...im only like 3 years late haha

Alpine's website should still have it. I'd doubt it since they really dont care too much for old customers who hold on to their old equipment...

download the EQ settings ....Whaaaat?
ya for the 9815 you can go to their web site (or used to be able to) and download EQ settings and then burn them to a CD...you would put the cd into the hu and then press a sequence of buttons to DL and save it into the hu

ya for the 9815 you can go to their web site (or used to be able to) and download EQ settings and then burn them to a CD...you would put the cd into the hu and then press a sequence of buttons to DL and save it into the hu
You still can. I just set up my TA/PEQ yesterday online and downloaded it to my 9855. Worked great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.