Another PimP Worklog...MaximaSPL, 2.2 cubes @ 30 HZ for an L5 (Birch)

iamamp3pimp
5,000+ posts

Bass Heads Entertainment
Tampa FL
This one is finished, and the pics from it will be posted shortly

finished2.jpg

Lookin' great as always dude!

Love how the wood looks like it's floating in air in the first couple of pics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

whats the deal with birch i see a lot of people using it lately. Is it lighter, it looks like it would flex? I dunno someon teach me.-Alex

whats the deal with birch i see a lot of people using it lately. Is it lighter, it looks like it would flex? I dunno someon teach me.-Alex

It's lighter and stronger than MDF when compaired to the same size. The good cabinet grade birch is cross hatched which makes it stronger. I'm not sure if that is the cabinet grade birch though. On cabinet grade birch, the top layer of birch is usually at least 1/16-3/64in thick. On the cheaper version (usually at Home Depot or Lowes) it has a top layer that is around 1/32 thick. If you put the two side by side, you can tell the difference.

Very nice box build as usual.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.