new Fi popping

scplayboy00
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I just got my new Fi 15' ssd flatwind the other day. I tried it out on my friends amp Sundown 1500. I know it was a little much for it but when you stuck your head up to the sub it was popping. You couldnt here it when u was sitting in the car though. Has any one ever had there's do this?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I just got my new Fi 15' ssd flatwind the other day. I tried it out on my friends amp Sundown 1500. I know it was a little much for it but when you stuck your head up to the sub it was popping. You couldnt here it when u was sitting in the car though. Has any one ever had there's do this?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

it is a dual 2 ohm taking the final load down to .7. I dont have any tinsal slap because i pulled it out of the box and watched it. I think it was bottoming out. All of the gains are set right but then we turned it all the way up to see if it could take it. It took it all but that popping noise i didn't smell any coil.

It was wired at .7. I dont have any tinsal slap because i pulled it out and checked. All of the gains are right but then we turned them up to see if it could take it and it did all but the popping noise.

it is a dual 2 ohm taking the final load down to .7. I dont have any tinsal slap because i pulled it out of the box and watched it. I think it was bottoming out. All of the gains are set right but then we turned it all the way up to see if it could take it. It took it all but that popping noise i didn't smell any coil.
You must have somthing set wrong, I mean its a FI, they are the best subs in the galaxy.

They said the the Great12" challenge that the SSD's should be kept within their RMS rating because of thermal limits. AFAIK, all of the SSD's have the same motor so you were sending it too much juice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.