knukonceptz whats the deal

scplayboy00
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just got my 1/0 gauge wire kit today. It is the KLM series and from wich i am told is the biggest on the market. Well i looked at my power wire and compared it to my ground. I noticed that the inside wire strand were alot smaller than the power wire. It alomost looks like 4 gauge. Why is this? But dont get me wrong i love the wire and there prices. I just wanted to know why is this.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I just got my 1/0 gauge wire kit today. It is the KLM series and from wich i am told is the biggest on the market. Well i looked at my power wire and compared it to my ground. I noticed that the inside wire strand were alot smaller than the power wire. It alomost looks like 4 gauge. Why is this? But dont get me wrong i love the wire and there prices. I just wanted to know why is this.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
KLM is the biggest? I don't know much about the size, but from what I've heard... it's worse than Kolossus, but not sure about the size.

No, THe biggest from Knu is 1/0 Kolossus. I ordered the KLM about a week ago for the big 3 and its soooo much lighter than the kolossus. 8 ft of the kolussus weighed more than the 20ft of KLM.

But i was wondering, how much more different is the KLM from the Kolussus. If you switch from kolossus to the KLM would you notice the difference?

klm and kolossuss are supposed to have the same amount of strands..KLM is just a cheaper version...Maybe u took some of the wire off when trimming the jacket.

The KLM is the same size as the Kolossus. The KLM is copper coated aluminum wire which is why it has to be so big to flow the same current as other 1/0 guage wires (which is why its the same size as the kolossus)

Or so their webpage says.

The KLM 1/0 cable is downright big, I don't remember lookin at the power versus ground wire to compare in the kit I had before I sold it. The KLM is nice and light but not very flexible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

you dont kno this kenny, you apart of Team KnuKnocepts your supposed to know this. lol
I don't work for Knu //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I'm pretty confident that the KLM wire is the same size, just different composition. No experience with the KLM though, I would never use anything other than Kolossus //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It is still new i havent cut any off yet i will take pics soon.
Please do. The guy I sold my klm kit too said he thought the wire looked small too. I couldn't understand how, I thought it was good sized, but I didn't look at the ground (silver) wire. Maybe there is something to this...

The Kolossus and KLM are the same size, both have 5145 strands. To say it is small is absurd. I have never seen 4 gauge with a 5/8" OD. Do a search for the Raptor pics shown with the Kolossus. Its embarassing that someone would call that 1/0.

Now for the difference , one uses CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum) which if compared to the same size (in area) of OFC cable, the CCA will have a higher resistance. Now if you have more area of CCA vs OFC, the CCA will have less resistance. The KLM and Kolossus are not to compete with each other, they compliment each other. The point is to compare the KLM with Welding 1/0, Raptor, Sound Quest or any other off brand that claim to offer 1/0. At the 1.75/ft price and being the size of 2/0 it is very hard to beat. Both price point and in performance.

The KLM is the equivelant to the previous eKo cable. If you want to compare KLM to Kolossus, you can make them equal. You just need to run a shorter run of KLM to get the same electrical properties.

Knu, just wondering why I ordered 1/0 grommets and they aren't big enough to accept my Kicker 1/0? I would have assumed it would be no problem since your kollosus kable is 5/8" just like the kicker...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.