Is there a set of 6.5" comps better than the germs?

There are probably dozens, but it depends on your ear. If they sound like the best set of comps at that price to your ear, then they're the best set of comps. There are some who would argue they're the best at any price and others who will argue hat something that costs half as much sounds better. Speakers are subjective. What's best is what sounds best to you.

thats the response i figured id get, the only problem is, i cannot listen to any higher dollar stuff. NOBODY around here has it!

Just wondering if there is a better set of comps in the same price range, i will be discussing this with the dealer I am working with, but figured id take everybodies input as well. Thanks all!
Speaker preference is OPINION ..... Having said that , I personally don't feel that ANY other brand of speakers can compete with Rainbow , when you're talking price point to price point.

i've never heard rainbow but i love the Z6's. That being said, everyone is right. Don't go by brand and just close your eyes and listen. If you like some Clarion Phaze speakers the best, then go with them. Brand should have nothing to do with your decision (except warranties, reliability, respectability, well you get the drift).

and blue-

****! i wish santa was that nice to me!

i've never heard rainbow but i love the Z6's. That being said, everyone is right. Don't go by brand and just close your eyes and listen. If you like some Clarion Phaze speakers the best, then go with them. Brand should have nothing to do with your decision (except warranties, reliability, respectability, well you get the drift).
and blue-

****! i wish santa was that nice to me!
Thanks ... I just wish winter wasn't starting up ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif Oh well , there's always Cali in the summer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

For the price point of the Germs I don't think there is anything out there that would be better. I once had the Germs in my car so I am a bit bias to them and Rainbow but I have run other high end comps. But like Blue said it is all opinion

if you can manage to go active, get some seas excel nextels coupled to lpg 25 nfa's. sound soooooo good.... got my self a set:D only $380... sounds pretty

dam n close to the $1400 seas lotus reference set lol. (although the lotus tweet is reaaaally nice)

imo, seas speakers are much better in terms of build quality than rainbow short of their platinum and reference line.

if you can manage to go active, get some seas excel nextels coupled to lpg 25 nfa's. sound soooooo good.... got my self a set:D only $380... sounds pretty dam n close to the $1400 seas lotus reference set lol. (although the lotus tweet is reaaaally nice)

imo, seas speakers are much better in terms of build quality than rainbow short of their platinum and reference line.
The seas build quality is beyond reproach. Our shop sells Seas , and we have the Lotus Reference on display. However they do not have the warmth , strong mid-bass , or musicality of the Rainbow Profi Series.

Seas has TONS of detail , but lacks that certain X factor that draws a person into the music ..... and we just can't sell the Seas once people compare them to the Rainbows ...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

There is just something about Rainbow that makes them who they are. You can compare all you want, you will be hard pressed to find another speaker that offers as much as Rainbow for the price, but there are a couple. Going active is another option that people should explore if they can...It is another world.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.