DLS UR36i vs Iridiums 6.3

bbqriiibs

Hey guys,

i'm new to this forum. this is my first post. Anyways i've been searching the forums for the past month. I havent been able to find much info on the UR36i 's. Anyone have them installed in their car? It seems as though you cant go wrong w/ the Iridiums 6.3. Seems as though a lot of people who has the URs and UPs series from DLS have a 2-way setup, but i'm more interested in the 3-way.

Yes i've also looked at rainbows, which seem to be very popular on this forum. There's a wealth of info on this site regading them so i wont bother asking about them.

Any comments would be great. Thanks.

Generally, I've found the UR and UP series to be lighter in midbass than the Iridiums. Not that they sound bad, they sound great to my ear, but if you prefer more prominent midbass, the Iridium might be the better choice.

Whats the diff b/w the UR6s and the newer UR6i, which came out this year. the site says it just has a diff midbass driver makeup, from steel to die cast. Anyone know any other diff and if the newer "i" model sounds any better? I might as well save some money and buy a pair of used UR6s if they sound the same as the UR6i.

thanks.

^The only difference between the I's and S's is that they have different baskets. They have the same cone, motor, etc...

If you could save a little money on the UR6s, I'd definately go that route. Can't imagine the differences being that drastic.

Anyhow, between the Iridiums and the URs, after reading countless reviews I would choose the Iridiums. I've owned a pair of the Iridium woofers once and thought they sounded great.

Again, I think the URs sound great. Very smooth, but it's of that dyn/morel family in terms of sound (though the tweeter is a bit more forward to my ear). The real difference between the UR and the Iridium is in the midbass. The Iridium is more pronounced. It's really a matter of how you take your midbass.

Thanks Notwerk & clit commander. lol

Maybe i can get an early christmas present for myself.

Hopefully the Iridiums dont cost TOOOO much more than the URs'.

To splurge or not to splurge??

Well i gues the best thing to do is take a listen. Thanks again for all your input.

Listening is absolutly the best thing to do. Yes, the UR and Iridium do share the same tweeter (UR1). Only difference is the mid, so that's where the decision is: Are you cool with a laid-back mid or do you want something that hits the mids aggressively? Both sound great at what they do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.