Southwest Region Groundbreaking news: Tempe is now in Tempe!!!

AZ,CA,NM,NV,UT
    Participant count
  • Participant list

Tempe
10+ year member

FI Car Audio FTW!!!
After over six years of absence from the Valley of the Sun, I arrived in Tempe yesterday. So far my apartment seems nice. My old supervisor at the Tempe Home Depot now works at the Mesa store, which is where I transfered to. That store seems like it's gonna be a blast to work at!

Once I get settled in my system needs lots of work. I have six year old wires that desparately need to be upgraded. My RE comps sound wonderful for the price, but I need to move on to better things. While on the subject I need further work deadening my doors and door panels. My RE HC 15 does everything I could ask for in a sub, but I may be looking into maybe going to a 12 to recapture some of my cabin space, and my current box is fugly!

Amps are my biggest challenge. In a Ford Ranger I want to permanantly mount my amps out of the way of the sub enclosure. They are under my seats now, but removing seats means disconnecting amps. I need to remove the seats sometimes. I also yanked my RF 800a4 out of the ex gf's car when we just broke up. That will be a beefy amp for my bi-amped front stage.

I'm thinking of mounting the amps on the rear cab walls where the stock rear speakers are. I only use those speakers when my amps are disconnected. Another option is an amprack thing placed under a false floor which the enclosure will rest on. That would mean difficulty in making amp adjustments which I don't think I want to give up.

I'm glad to be back to my 2nd home (Chicago is home to me). I hope we can continue doing these meetups in the area. I look forward to meeting the local car audio nuts!!!

Tempe

Welcome back! Sorry I never found any places to recommend to you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

If we get a meet together here in a few weeks I'll be sure to pm you about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah I did a budget install in her 94 Cutlass. When she got the 2000 Taurus I tried to make it a little nicer. I put the RF amp in there. Now I put in a crappy Lanzar 4-channel amp from the Cutlass. It's one of the Rack-Mount series, so if it's mounted vertically a heatsink is above the circuit board (good) and a heatsink is below the circuit board (amp is prone to shut down when it gets warm.

So far I'm ecstatic with my apartment. Yeah it costs $200 more a month than my old one in Mesa from six years ago, but it's much nicer. Even though it's a large complex it's rediculously quiet!

Tempe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tempe

10+ year member
FI Car Audio FTW!!!
Tempe
Gilbert, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date