soundstage

Bosaliniee
10+ year member

ok, right now in my car i have kappa components in the door, kappa 6x9s in the rear, factory 3.5s in the dash. my idea was to get kappa 3.5s in the dash. however someone i know keeps insisting that i should do away with my 6x9s and 3.5s and only have the components. is there any opinion on what i should do.

ok, right now in my car i have kappa components in the door, kappa 6x9s in the rear, factory 3.5s in the dash. my idea was to get kappa 3.5s in the dash. however someone i know keeps insisting that i should do away with my 6x9s and 3.5s and only have the components. is there any opinion on what i should do.

To see if you would like the sound with just your door components why dont you try disconnecting the dash/rear speakers and give it a listen before buying new ones?

You may like it, and if you do at least you wont be needlessly spending the money.

well, i know i dont like it without the rears, and i told him that, he keeps insisting that i should do some research on here and i will find out that i shouldnt use them. as far as the dash, i havent tried without them yet, pain in the rear to get to them.

04 dodge stratus rt, sedan. ive tried without the backs and do not like it at all. right now im in the process of unhooking my factory amp and im leaving the dash speakers out to see how i like that. according to crutchfields website you should have rear speakers, just have them down low so you can still hear them but that most of teh sound is in front of you. but he keeps saying taht if you can barely hear them you might as well not be hearing them, but i can tell in my drivers seat if my rear passenger comes unhooked(knocked it loose and i rigged it up and havent fixed it yet)

If you have no intentions of competing in SQ competitions . Don't let anyone else tell you what you like If you like rear fill keep it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Have you ever heard a decently good setup that imaged/soundstaged reasonably well ?

While I agree with Ramos....set it up how you enjoy it....sometimes listening to a different setup with relatively decent imaging/soundstaging can be an eye opening session as to what you might enjoy more, but simply haven't really experienced yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif And yes, there's a difference between good soundstaging and imaging...and simply unhooking your rear speakers.

I know atleast a couple people in your area that have decent setups //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Just out of curiousity....would this friend happen to be a member of this forum?

ok, ive read lots of these rear fill forums, i understand everyones point of view on that.(im going to keep my rear fill but they will be turned down to were i can barely hear them, but are noticibly on)

but for the front speakers, i have my components in the door(sub and tweeter ina 6x9 plate), and the factory 3.5s were 8 watt 14.7ohm speakrs, and im thinking of getting these kappa 3.5s that are 2 ohm and 35 watts (32.7cf) is is the frontstage screwed up with those there

ok, ive read lots of these rear fill forums, i understand everyones point of view on that.(im going to keep my rear fill but they will be turned down to were i can barely hear them, but are noticibly on)
but for the front speakers, i have my components in the door(sub and tweeter ina 6x9 plate), and the factory 3.5s were 8 watt 14.7ohm speakrs, and im thinking of getting these kappa 3.5s that are 2 ohm and 35 watts (32.7cf) is is the frontstage screwed up with those there

I would stick with only one set of speakers in the front. Just the one comp set, nothing else. No dash speakers.

Depending on the curve of your windshield, a set of large-flanged tweets in the dash may work for you...I've seen that do great things for stage depth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

General question - When you eliminate rear speakers, do you just fade your HU 100% to the front? Or do you actually have to program your HU so it knows that there are no rear speakers.

I'm guessing that this can be different for different HU's, but not sure. I have an Alpine 98xx, it's 27x4RMS I know that much.

General question - When you eliminate rear speakers, do you just fade your HU 100% to the front? Or do you actually have to program your HU so it knows that there are no rear speakers.
I'm guessing that this can be different for different HU's, but not sure. I have an Alpine 98xx, it's 27x4RMS I know that much.

You could simply disconnect your rear speakers and tape off the wire so that it doesn't short against anything.

Your headunit doesn't know whether or not something is connected to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bosaliniee

10+ year member
Bosaliniee
Fort Wayne IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from