Nakamichi?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lazyace1975
10+ year member

I've read alot of great stuff here & elsewhere about the CD-700, 700II & the MBX but what does anyone think of the CD300, 400 or 500? I had my choices narrowed down to the Pioneer 880PRS or the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X890 but the looks of the Nakimichi keeps drawing me back to it as well. Is the Nak worth a try or should I go with the one of others? Simplicity, ease of use & SQ are my main goals. Thanks, Lazyace.

Nak's are more bacl-to-basics SQ units. No frills, just all out SQ. Very, verrry nice decks if that's what you're going for.
That's exactly what I want. Would the CD300 serve me well to start with & maybe upgrade to the higher end models later? I'd like to invest low then determine if I like or if I don't sell, recoup & move on to something else. Thanks, Lazyace.

Would you be using any external processing with the Nak?

Because if not....you would be better off with something like the 880PR in all honesty. You'll experience a much larger increase in sound quality by being able to utilize the things like time alignment, more extensive equalization and xover point/slope optimization.

Would you be using any external processing with the Nak?
Because if not....you would be better off with something like the 880PR in all honesty. You'll experience a much larger increase in sound quality by being able to utilize the things like time alignment, more extensive equalization and xover point/slope optimization.
Nope. Nothing but the HU. Well I guess that settles that. The 880prs it is, then(Unless, of course, I decide to use the Kenwood). Thanks for the help guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.