Evan3m

tweeter power

i just bought my new head unit (pioneer 7800) and got a component set for the front, and two powerful mids for the back with a 4 channel amp. (no bass yet) and was wondering since im not using the 4 x 50 from the headunit if that power would be enough to run four little tweeters to keep up with the loud mids... or would you not hear it over the other speakers?

tweeters don't need alot of power to get loud. i'm planning on running mine off the deck and my mids off a 2 channel amp.

2003 Chevy Cavalier

HU:880PRS - SUB AMP: IA 20.1 - SUB: 13w7 (15" 05 XXX awaiting new box)

FOR SALE: USHER 9950 TWEETERS, USAMPS HCA-25 2 CHANNEL, XXX XBL^2 6.5" MIDS, Kicker KX300.2 amp

Refs: zachzchw, AcidicDreams, Mr Tibbs, Mr Teacha, vetkilr, Blunt, Showrides, Mihklo, QtrHorse, vosschs, nvruckus, jeeper07, sakura, iceteebone, 2loud4u, eatank, brents, bookechu, young_gun, maldecido33, pickup1, angryeric116, go_go_thrash, gentlejax, superblack350z, and 100% ebay feedback. (dkguitarist454)

yea sounds good. i think im guna do the same. cause i dont think the two little tweeters off of the component set will be enough...but then again this is my first time with a decent component set so we'll see.

cant imagine how that could image well....get the components and see if they are enough for you before you do this...

SvnAl3.jpg

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

yea ill check before i buy but i listen to alot of raggae and i like loud voice and very loud tweets

also i see of my crossover for my component set there is an extra output for aux... could i put an extra tweeter on there if my amp has alittle more juice to spare? or would that make the components themselves less loud?

nevermind... i think ill just put the component set in the front and if i need more ill put another compont set in the back instead of plain mid drivers

i tried that with some extra tweets i had, the RMS on those were lik 65w (infinity silk domes), and off 13wrms from the deck they sounded like poo :(...at least off my pioneer deck power they did. forunitly my crossover had a RAF (rear acoustic fill) output on the crossover to go with the tweet and midswoof. hooked me extra tweets to that and they sounded good (theyhad an inline capacitor for the crossover, i think the RAF is full range). the lil extra power they get from going that route made them sound ALOT better......thats my input

Past:

Pioneer Avic N5 Navi + CD-UB100 USB Adapter. Circa '96 PPI Ax606.2 in BLACK with 2 black graphic spacers.

CDT DRT-25 1'' Silk Dome Tweeters / CDT ES-04 4'' Midranges / RE Audio XXX 6.5'' 2ohm Neo Mids In Glassed Kick Pods

American Power Systems 240amp H.O. Alty / (2) Deka 8a31, 1/0 front to back.

Random Prototype 3k @ 1ohm. TRF/PSI 8 layer 4in coil Monster 15 in 3 cubs @ 33Hz / Raammat 40sqft in the trunk.

NEW SETUP IN THE WORKS

You could put 12V to my balls and clamp my dick to get 3kW+.
Glad this got bumped so I could fap to it again.

cant imagine how that could image well....get the components and see if they are enough for you before you do this...

agreed

bridge the 4 channel and run the set of comps. i got lost with all these speakers and powering you were talking about

forumwh0rema2.gif

well im not hard anymore and it would hurt so bad to get it up again i would rather stick it out then constantly touch my balls when they hurt this bad

Hey, it's Chicago, not Cleveland, so at least he doesn't have the walking cesspools and centers of disease research that are Grady's Ladies talking to him.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now