tweeter power

Evan3m
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SXM
i just bought my new head unit (pioneer 7800) and got a component set for the front, and two powerful mids for the back with a 4 channel amp. (no bass yet) and was wondering since im not using the 4 x 50 from the headunit if that power would be enough to run four little tweeters to keep up with the loud mids... or would you not hear it over the other speakers?

yea sounds good. i think im guna do the same. cause i dont think the two little tweeters off of the component set will be enough...but then again this is my first time with a decent component set so we'll see.

yea ill check before i buy but i listen to alot of raggae and i like loud voice and very loud tweets

also i see of my crossover for my component set there is an extra output for aux... could i put an extra tweeter on there if my amp has alittle more juice to spare? or would that make the components themselves less loud?

nevermind... i think ill just put the component set in the front and if i need more ill put another compont set in the back instead of plain mid drivers

i tried that with some extra tweets i had, the RMS on those were lik 65w (infinity silk domes), and off 13wrms from the deck they sounded like poo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif...at least off my pioneer deck power they did. forunitly my crossover had a RAF (rear acoustic fill) output on the crossover to go with the tweet and midswoof. hooked me extra tweets to that and they sounded good (theyhad an inline capacitor for the crossover, i think the RAF is full range). the lil extra power they get from going that route made them sound ALOT better......thats my input

cant imagine how that could image well....get the components and see if they are enough for you before you do this...
agreed

bridge the 4 channel and run the set of comps. i got lost with all these speakers and powering you were talking about

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.