violator5spd
10+ year member

Post Wh0re Hunter
Ohio
Let's say you've got 2 boxes with these dimensions:

29" width x 20" depth x 15" height

vs.

40" width x 14.5" depth x 15" height

considering their internal volumes are the same, would there be a difference in sound between the 2 boxes since one is deeper than the other? if a pair of 12's were in the box...? thanks

Originally posted by violator5spd Let's say you've got 2 boxes with these dimensions:

29" width x 20" depth x 15" height

vs.

40" width x 14.5" depth x 15" height

considering their internal volumes are the same, would there be a difference in sound between the 2 boxes since one is deeper than the other? if a pair of 12's were in the box...? thanks
assuming the magnet clears the edge and everything, there is no difference, your no where near the size needed for standing waves to form, its kind of like the idea in bending ports for more length, the sub doesn't see the shape, but rather the overallsize. btw this is all in reguards to sealed enclosures, i would imagen the demensions matter a bit more for bandpass and ported (although probably not that muich more) in addition i am speaking about a human audiable level, not something that a computer can image or anything like that, just that we wouldn't hear the diference...this is kind of a grey area for me, so if im wrong feel free to chime in and tell me im an idiot...but with a little physics background this is what makes sence to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.