Best 10" for SPL

Tiger Bass
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
SC
Im going to be running them with the amp in my sig for a good amount of time because I have to ditch the XPlods first. Im also going to be porting the box with 4 sq ft at 35 hz. What are the flat out best subs or near the best subs for getting loud? And what would be the best for around $150 each? Ive been looking at the Alpines but Im begining to conclude that they just arent going to cut it for me. Ive now been thinking about Memphis subs and Ive seen a couple videos of some subs that Im not sure of the name of. Like the sub in Loyds thread that he pushes about 10kW of power through. http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/lilmaniac2/?action=view&current=DSCN0470.flv

Im specifcally looking at some 800w Memphis 10". Does that not mean that they would be worse than my XPlods (the XPLods are around 1100w)?

the so called "power rating" on most of the lower end subs doesn't mean anything. they usually give you a peak wattage, not rms. but as for the difference between the memphis and the sony i would say the memphis would be a far better sub. the alpine type r's, although you said they won't cut it for you, are deffinetly a good buy, they get loud if you have enough power for them, i would recomend around 600rms to each.

I've heard a few different types of pioneers and i have to say they are very nice subs, and if your keeping that amp make sure you buy subs that you can fully power with it.

those pioneers are nice, i would research some other brands, such as diamond audio, sound stream, infinity, alphasonic...they all have nice subs that work well off low power.

I believe its 2 ohms. I just dont know which name brands are good or not though. Hell, I coulda sworn Sony was good till I actually hooked them up. What name brand are the L7's?

ah **** 150 bucks....kicker L7 is for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im wanting to pay as much as possible, but say I get stuck only being able to dish out $100 each then?

Well, I know Alpine is an overall good name in subs, but Im just not going to be able to feed them enough power to get them loud. So the pioneers or memphis would both make for a good buy with the amp I have now?
Do you mean these pioneers or perhaps an older set?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069927_153020668,00.html
my friend had 2 of theses pioneer 12's in the back of his car n they shook his rear view mirror off.... they are definetely worth the money... u just nned the power

I believe its 2 ohms. I just dont know which name brands are good or not though. Hell, I coulda sworn Sony was good till I actually hooked them up. What name brand are the L7's?
no offense but sony ***** balls i dont know what they were thinking when they came up with that cone design

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.