Request: Box plan 1 10" SX ported

Participant count
  • Participant list

MeGrog2
10+ year member

Hi, I need some box plans If possible. I tried my self using WinISD to no avail so I could use some help, im willing to compensate you for your time via paypal $5.

Here are my max dimensions

Height: 12"

Width: 41.75"

Depth: 12" (I can go bigger here if need be)

Sub: 1 RE 10" SX which is gonna be given 1100w rms

Im gonna go with RE recommended for the tuning freq which is 35Hz

Hear are the TS specs

Electrical Q Value -Qes: .29

Mechanical Q Value -Qms: 4.3

Total Speaker Q Value -Qts: .27

Free Air Resonance -Fs: 30.7 Hz

Equivalent Compliance -Vas: 21.8 liters

One-Way, Linear Excursion -Xmax: 22 mm

Efficiency - SPL 1W/1m: 85.2 dB SPL

Effective Piston Area -Sd: 310 cm^2

DC Resistance -Re: 1.9 ohm

Nominal Impedance -Znom: Dual 2 ohm

Thermal Power Handling -Pe: 1000 W

Force Factor -Bl: 21

Here is my idea for the box I would like to have the sub in the middle with two slot ports like so || O ||

Thanks guys

Cannot make ports on both ends due to the port would be to small and cause air turbulance so you have to have (1) 2" port on on end of the box || O like that

this box is 1.5cubes after all displacment @ 34hz

internal dimmentions are 33.5 X 10.5 x 10.5

external dimmentions are 35 x 12 x 12

overall port length is 28.75"--- the .75 is front face of box

here is your cut sheet

front - 32.25" x 12"

back - 35" x 12"

top - 10.5" x 35"

bottom - 10.5 x 35"

side (non-port) 10.5" x 10.5"

side (port) 10.5" x 11.25"

port board (1) 10.5" x 8.25"

port board (2) 10.5" x 16.25"

I would like to put a beauty panel on the front and double baffle to have a flush woofer would that cause any problems with the tuning. And shouldn't both sides be the same size since the port is in the front. A picture would really help if possible

A xluben is that site accurate I found it earlier but I haven't heard of anybody using it on this site, so I didn't know if I should trust it

yeah, it's pretty good.

-it properly accounts for port and driver displacement when calculating net volume

-port length is pretty much spot on with winisd and other equations i've tried

-it uses; no of drivers, size/shape of drivers, xmax, and box volume to calculate port area (so no port noise)

the nice thing about the last feature, is that if you want more/less port area just change xmax.

also, you sometimes have to play around with the numbers to get the boxes to turn out right. it likes to give labyrinth style ports as well as goofing up the picture with some large boxes and wide, short ports.

most importantly you really shouldn't use it's "Option Two" make sure you know what box you want it in, and it will give you pretty good set of plans. if you let it decide what box is best it'll give some pretty goofy results.

EDIT: well, i just tried "option two" with the specs for my drivers and it came out with a pretty decent box with the "SQL" setting: 4ft^3 @ 30Hz not too far off from ascendant's recommended 4@32

even so, i've seen other drivers where it throws out crazy numbers when you use that option, so it's not recommended. you should know what you want before you start designing a box anyways.

also, the maximally flat setting would give a good box for home use (but not car audio) and the compact box is often so small it makes the port super long, and the gross box volume doesn't end up being much smaller. a few more reasons to stay away from option two.

withthesecondbaffleon.jpg

it can be done...Squeezed it close,

1:8.8 ratio.

I would have liked a little more area, but 27 squares is nice for a 10

ygpm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.