My full setup, any ideas?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Zerim
10+ year member

Utah
Well i've come down to the 2 final things i need for my system. As of now i have JL xr 5x7 in the rear, with 2 12 PG rSD's on a SoundStream VGA 800.2 400 to each at 2 ohm. This is all in a jeep wrangler so my stock fronts 4x6's. I dont think im going to get the "fill" i want with these.

i was thinking of doing some powerfull 6's or 8's space willing. The plan is to glass them along the bottom of my door. Then put some tweeters facing up from dash using the window to stage it. PG's will be sealed. Really just want some ideas here. open to anything really.

did u ever finalize ur plans on ur box?
Hey for now i think so. I saw ravens review on his mag, and the inverted wedge enclosure was brought to my attention. Think im going to try it out. Coming really soon just need to wait till i can get time at my works cabinet shop.

As for no 5x7 in the rear why? i had just the 5x7 in the middle and you could hear everything a mile away lol. maybe some other suggestions? just some mid bass, mids and tweeters up front then? The 5x7's have been laying around for a year need to be used. Hard little item to sell guess not much appeal in 5x7's

Not really advice, well it isn't at all..but how do those RSD's sound? I was looking at those, supposed to be good bang for buck. I used to have the PG TI's and then they came out with the Xenon's which turned me away from PG. But maybe they have came back?

Not really advice, well it isn't at all..but how do those RSD's sound? I was looking at those, supposed to be good bang for buck. I used to have the PG TI's and then they came out with the Xenon's which turned me away from PG. But maybe they have came back?
I would really like to be able to answer that question. Havent had the time to build my box yet. I can tell you when i was at the shop to buy them. I had my friend who worked there put it in a ported box. He took out a memphis M1 i belive it was and it wanged harder is some areas than it, but it was way overpowered the thing was taking double its RMS 1000w, so when you started to get higher in volume you could tell it was overpowered.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.