Diamond D371i/D372i?

Participant count
  • Participant list

explorer2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
usa
Whats the difference? I just recieved the 72i's instead of the 71i's that I ordered from indo audio (I know, should have looked them up before I bought). Now they are telling me that the 72i is an old model and the 72 that I got are newer and better. I think its bs, these have no crossovers and the magnets are smaller than my stock speakers. Whats the truth here?

Sounds fishy. According to DiamondAudio's web site, the 371's do have crossovers. So if the 372's (if that's even a valid model number - try contacting Diamond to find out for sure) don't, then there's no way they're "better". Sounds like they're trying to rip you off.

Keep us posted. I was considering ordering a pair of Diamond Hex's of that guy, but after reading this I think I'll hold off.

- Mike

The boxes are for the 71 with a sticker over it with a 2, these have no external crossovers although they claim there is an internal one. I emailed diamond and hope to get to the bottom of this.

I probably wouldnt order from them again, took them a week to get them to fedex, and they never answer all of the questions in emails, only one or two with answers that make no sense.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.