what do you think will win the battle?

• hd-dvd

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • blue ray

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
I say HD.
This whole messed up ps3 thing isnt helping Blu Ray
and right now theirs more titles out for hd and they have better picture quality

better product support wiht updates often for the toshiba

and say you go to blockbuser theirs only like 40 movies in blue ray you can rent while theirs 80 something for hd.

ps3 total their gonna ship at launch is 500,000 world wide

400,000 in hte us 100,000 in japan and non in europe

and numbers are expected to drop

xbox will have an add on hd-dvd player coming in november

toshiba is allready gonna release a 2gn hd-dvd player

ill tel you this my hd-dvd player has way better picture quality then my cable company

i bought serenity and atl. both have amazing picture quality

yesterday serenity was on hdo-hd and the difference was almost like from non hd (hbo) to hd (hd-dvd)

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif blue-ray has way more space, and it still really pisses me off that the xbox 360 doesnt come with a hd-dvd player standard

blue ray will be a thing of the past soon. HD DVD's will soon hold more than a blue ray ever could and will be awesome quality //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif blue-ray has way more space, and it still really pisses me off that the xbox 360 doesnt come with a hd-dvd player standard
they say that but that has yet to happen. and theirs allready a three layer hd-dvd disc coming out with 45 gigs of storage or something like that while blue ray is still stuck at 25 gigs.

Dual layer blu-ray holds 50 gigs.
isnt in production yet. last i checked.

and renember beta (another sony thing) lost to vhs and beta was superior

youve got to look at everything

do we need 50 gigs? or more to watch a movie? with the compression software out their

wich one has more titles out

wich one has more support

wich one is more affordable

wich one is more reliable

isnt in production yet. last i checked.
and renember beta (another sony thing) lost to vhs and beta was superior

youve got to look at everything

do we need 50 gigs? or more to watch a movie? with the compression software out their , if thats the case why get HD or Blue Ray? Compression depreciates quality

wich one has more titles out who cares atm, its new of course theres not much outwich one has more support neither movies companys and other companys are pretty well split between the 2

wich one is more affordable depends on what you thoughts on affordable is, as with everything the price will drop

wich one is more reliable thats yet to be determined
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

i bought and returned an hd-dvd player, just to try it out..thought it was on par with hd cable..waiting on the ps3 to try the blue ray stuff.
probably depends on tv screen size and type of tv

my sony xbr or whatever it is ***** ass with sd signals and with sd-dvds or maybe i just can notice any little difference lol

but to me it goes like this

hd-dvd>blu ray>hdnet is almost up to par wtih blue ray>sd dvd>and just regular cable

i got the 60" sony xbr1

i wish it was the 70" xbr2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

ps toshiba is the only one who can play truhd or wahtever is not the samsungblu ray

blue ray i think will come out on top. the blue laser is more precise and can put more information on a disc rather than using a "red" spectrum.. maybe the price of it will go down when they(companies) will commercialize it more.

only downside on both will be the smallest scratch on the disc will screw you over for eternity, so maybe they will do a mindisc type casing

blue ray i think will come out on top. the blue laser is more precise and can put more information on a disc rather than using a "red" spectrum.. maybe the price of it will go down when they(companies) will commercialize it more.
only downside on both will be the smallest scratch on the disc will screw you over for eternity, so maybe they will do a mindisc type casing
dont see the minidisc cas thing happening with units already on the market that load like car CD players

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...