i have a total of 4 sirens, 3 that are same models and one from the viper 791xv which is the system im using, i was told that in order to add sirens, i need to use relays, can anyone help me on this

go to kragens or autozone. look for a 30 amp relay. there should be a diagram on the back of the item that shows you how to hook up your accessories

REFS

blackgeltabs, theCybe(2x), xplcitcustmz, mabel4life, bumpn_gt , PENER, BLD 25, j3bus2k3(3x) , PRIVATEpastry, guy022077(3x), alpine3612, 03tibgt, rocky 59, mattmcss, yotabeater,pepsican, iceteebone(2x), sfsloop @ mac. com, vincemarq, maldecido33, dalucifer, BassAddictJ, thakidgame, Scoobydoo, marcusb419er, nVRuckus, frkkevin, killahbean, CBFryman2, Zeuslicious(2x), bizzy07, expo5.0, dragonrage, 1loudsuv, nismos14, James Bang, mtlhead, Rsx_03, thaster, teamsubgopoof, CRAZYCORNUTS18, ggk, Colt9699(2x), thangalang, BloodStalker999, dwaynem, chaunb3400, volstitan908, blackbonnie, Fast1one, nineball, rbiele126, JayRich, Al_Capowned, runwitbass

I was told that in order to add sirens, I need to use relays. Can anyone help me on this?

The usual rule is: more than 3, use a relay.

Most alarms can handle 3 sirens from the output of the control module. Just wire them in parallel.

* I run 4 without a relay and works fine.

Rockford Fosgate Vintage Old School Fanatic: "A Passion For Performance"!

Cerwin Vega! Turn It Up! Since 1954. "50(more)years of disturbing the peace"!

Stinger, "Higher Performance Car Audio Accessories"!

dB Drag Racing/Bass Race/Psychlone

It is better to be safe than sorry: Invest in a Alarm! ;)

addremacc.gif

the 87pin is th input from the alarm(brown wire), 85=12volts, 86=ground, 30=extra sirens. better to be safe than sorry and burn out the alarm. different brands work different ways.

everyones jealous of my wealth, its not my fault i like my dad to buy me nice things

yeah being spoiled is a treat isnt it?

thanks for the input, i will use a relay to be safe, but im confused about the diagram because it says 85 is 12volts and it shows on the diagram that it is ground, shows 86 as ground and on the diagram that is the remote turnon,

follow the diagram, but 85 and 86 can be wired either way. that just energizes the coil. follow the diagram so you dont confuse yourself.

everyones jealous of my wealth, its not my fault i like my dad to buy me nice things

yeah being spoiled is a treat isnt it?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now