Advantage?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Geno Xide
10+ year member

Well, beginner enthusiast here..

anyways my question being I have a JL W1V2, and if I get a second one, would it be better to have another cube? Or a big box?

Im sure two in the one box is better because thats obviously what everyone does. However just asking about this.

I cant port it because of space issues. (those are bigger right?)

the most popular thing is to build one enclosure for both subs, since that means you only build one enclosure. instead of two enclosure. so pretty much less work. specialy if they are both ported. if youre lacking space. i sugest going with two sealed enclosures fiberglassed in a conrners some where in the vehicle. you can always add polyfill to increase low end responce from the subs. if thats what youre looking for.

if you want to go with a single ported eclosure for both subs, you should start with measuring the amount of space youre willing to give up for the enclosure on the trunk and get the maximum W x H x D dimentions minus at least 1/4" for clearence and fitment.

and from those dimenstions you can figure out if you can go with a ported enclosure or just go sealed.

by using software like winISD. to get an a proximation of how the subs will respond in an enclosure with in those parameters or less.

laters

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Geno Xide

10+ year member
Geno Xide
Earth, you?
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from