tank65

screwed up hole for one of my subs.

well everything went perfect on my box............til i put one of the subs in and i cut out to much on the circle...i have no clue how i missed that but i did.

whats the easiest way to solve this problem without replacing the whole front panel?

basically the sub will sit in the hole fine but if i were to put in screw it would probably come out the side of the wood.

should i just do some predrills at a slight angle so my screws will catch all of the wood? thats the only thing i can think of right now and i think it should work.

if not, i might just have to cut a square out around the bare minimum of the cricle and just inster another piece flat with it, then glue it put some brackets on it and seal it.

but i just need some other suggestions if you got em

no , you should just not half ass it and redo the front panel

x2 :) DO IT right the FIRST time. ;)

musesign.gif http://www.myspace.com/unknownbelow

Refs: Showrides|IonSQL x2|mattmcss|QtrHorse x2|DaGh0st|bjfish11

حَتَّى إِذَا اجْتَزْتُ وَادِي ظِلاَلِ الْمَوْتِ، لاَ أَخَافُ سُوءاً لأَنَّكَ تُرَافِقُنِي. عَصَاكَ وَعُكَّازُكَ هُمَا مَعِي يُشَدِّدَانِ عَزِيمَتِي.

Ebay:aj06silver

birds6izzm2.gif

Much as I shudder at the thought of potentially seeing your penis, writing caraudio.com on your dick would kick ass. Que the joke about only being able to get up to "CAR" on it....
:laugh:

yeah i think im just going to do that, simple enough of a solution if i have enough spare wood layin around lol

i mean if you must be lazt slap another front on top of it and recut the holes then your not tearing anything apart and you have a thicker front
Thats what I do all the time lol...recycle old boxes and sell them to friends FTW :naughty:

References: Lax916, AcidicDreams , Altima98 , mr Tibbs, Majette, giantgloworm, mattmcss, riogigalo, mysilver02alty, Woc47, Hintzyboy, oglejust, APitBullT, foreman, jhubbell, tmcilroy, pioneerpimp, Dre_ATL

Plus a ton more I never added, lol. If you are not on the list and you had a pleasant transaction with me, PM me!!!

It depends what it is goin in.

If it is a standard cab truck, you might not have enough room to do a double baffle. If space is not a problem, double that bithc up FTW.

OneKrazyKeebler BEST AVATAR EVER!! :clap: OWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Refs:

so long ago, they dont effin count anymore, get over it

15 MT, 13.5 in. space, tripple baffle+some glassing= 1 sick box looks good so far though

1978 ford LTD

Alpine 9883

orion 8004

xxx comps

1 18 PSI MT 5cuft @ 32htz

2 saz1500d's strapped @ 1.4

250 amp mechman alt

(ref's) Digital B, mrwigglezdj,turnitdown,MillzThaYungin(2),smd4life,shallowfu bikinpunk,fixxer,sxpimpin,whiteice,jayisking,mavssolja,earthman,drivingreckless,loudwhat,on1wheel01,ARMed&bangin.Stubbs563,nom nom, haseebch

thats the best way is double baffeling it.

http://www.BassHeadsENT.net for all your custom enclosure needs

Offering build service and expertise in the Tampa area as well as enclosures shipped nationwide!

Robin@BassHeadsENT.net

391874_337578072933336_156931164331362_1166774_1531439123_n.jpg

Check this thread for all the build logs being posted.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/supporting-vendors-%2Anew%2A/550131-bass-heads-entertainment-buildlog-hotlinks-thread.html

in the process of doubling up the front. i scrapped a prefab box to do it to lol, it was a shitty ass box anyway

90accordman i LOVE your avatar drunk chicks making out FTMFW!

VEHICULAR-'01 Monte Carlo Ls

DECK-Alpine CDA-9855

FRONTS-Type-R 6.5" components

FRONT STAGE AMP Kicker Kx250.2

SUB AMP-Elemental Designs-eD NinE.1 @ 1 ohm

SUB-Stereo Integrity Magnum D2

Wiring-1/0 AWG http://www.weldingsupply.com

Electrical-2X Optima Red Tops

Box-2.0 @ 32 HZ

REFS- toolowtoogo, cadenceowner, chibahawk, fived, bibby

Term Lab Scores

RL-P 12's TL scores---142.8 db drag 138.2 in the bass race..

SCORES ABOVE AT 30 HZ!!!! (box tuning that is)

SI MAG 12 TL scores

Box tuning 32hz - 140.9 @ 46hz

you could of always glued a small piece of 3/4" mdf to the back where hole sits redrilled the hole and just use a 3/4" longer screw.

but double baffle is a good idea if you have the space.

laters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio

builds

more builds

saturn l300 build

videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin,netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,

donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlocker,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,

bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,

bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

yeah i doubled it up, recut the holes and made sure i didnt **** up any of the holes this time. I just gotta sand down one side of the box for the wood to even up with the rest and then paint in port and carpet it and im finally done!

You could also sand and use body filler?

2000 GMC Yukon

Pioneer DEH-P960MP

1 12" RE '06 XXX

2 Treo SSX 3.1 Amplifiers (3000X1 @ 1 ohm per amp)

1 HiFonics ZX6400

Image Dynamics CXS62 Comp Set With RE XXX Mids

Dynamat

Yellow Top

Stinger 1/0 gauge

http://www.ivmai.com

or wood putty

x2... this is what you wanna use.

CAF refs: Faulkton, Megalomaniac, Negativezeroz, boomer, dipitydoo, 93 saturn sl2, bjfish11, netherland24 & scotthulbs

SiN refs: Josh99ta, Derek, crzystng, MrSector9, Sinister Audio

when i was in the army i would punch more bitches before breakfast than most people would punch all day.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now