4- 15" SEs how big a box

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm guessing, but 8ish cubes seems good. Don't take this to heart because I've only fooled around with SE's in HT applications.

12 cubes(3 per sub after port and sub displacement) tuned to 30hz

should do nicely

or put them in a 4th order bandpass...they r real beast in that type of box

yea because i have a 9 cubes before displacement box now and it takes up most of my trunk i might only have like 4 more inches so i prob couldnt do 12 cubes...whats a 4th order bandpass and how big are those and what do they do?

This is 80's life:

"My son!! He just got married!"

"Bandpass? What?"

"OH NO! We're going to crash into the ocean!"

"OH ****! Is this plane 4th order?"

yea because i have a 9 cubes before displacement box now and it takes up most of my trunk i might only have like 4 more inches so i prob couldnt do 12 cubes...whats a 4th order bandpass and how big are those and what do they do?
its a sealed box playig into a ported box

with your situation i would do 6 cubes in a common sealed playing into 5 cubes common ported...yes the box is bigger than a ported box but the output with a given frequecy range will be crazy loud

This is 80's life:
"My son!! He just got married!"

"Bandpass? What?"

"OH NO! We're going to crash into the ocean!"

"OH ****! Is this plane 4th order?"
my new name is 80 4th order inches

my mother gave birth 2 me in the 4th order but went 2 a 6th order hospital

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.