Is it really worth it...?

crazy4ozs

Banned
Decatur. IL
ok guys, so preety much...i am debating between the rainbow SLC's and teh Rainbow Germs for my next set of comps...but before all of u go rushing in to say "BUY THE GERMS!!"...i want to no...is the upgrade from teh SLC's to teh germs really that big of a difference...and will it be worth the extra 200

6spdcoupe...?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Sad thing is, most of the people telling you to buy the more expensive set will not have heard either.

Talk to owners of both, see what they like or dislike about them.

Hmm depends I guess. Do you plan on deading your doors? Better yet, do you plan on putting them into your doors? I'd say if you just want a nice sounding drop in speaker I'd go with the SLC's. Germs are nicer, but the law of diminishing returns will come into play. I've never been a huge fan of spending 500+ dollars to put a fullrange speaker into a door anyway. You'll lose many of the nicer qualities of the higher end speaker anyway. IMO, If your not using kicks, do the SLC's.

^^i am using kicks actually...about .3 cubes a piece with polyfil...sealed fiberglass...i have pics if u would liek to c them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif they are both aimed at teh opposite headrest

From an install point of view The Germs would better suit you, why take the time and sweat to build something that theres a good chance youll "upgrade" later anyway?

Product view..The Germs offer a plethora of variable crossover adjustments and utilize the infamous CAL25 tweet. Those two factors alone would have sold me.

As for justifying the extra coin, well that only your pockets can answer.

thanks guys, 6spd...ill b PMing u soon to get it all worked out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

early christmas present for yours truely

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.