Earmark Plano Texas

PowerdByGuiness
10+ year member

reg cabs have sound too
SoCal
so earmark is a reputable chain in dallas having a long history of installing. i found them because i needed a tint that was high quality with a nationwide warranty. my friend suggested formula one tint, which led me to earmark in plano texas because they were the only local dealer

i called and received an enthusiastic response and good quote.

so i went to my appointment this morning. i was greeted and treated well being given access to the DVD preview room wtih recaro seats & surround sound, and a selection of DVD's. good service, i thought.

uh ok

halfway through my wait (i was there for a few hours, today is an off day), i hear a lot of bass. im trying to make my self less of an ******* and im attempting the whole "nice guy" thing, so i give the guys the benefit of the doubt and i stay in my seat to enjoy the DVD. i could have very easily ventured into the bay to just take a peek, but then again they install audio for a living (duh lol)

hour or so later my truck is done. the tint looks good, albiet a bit light but im tired of being pulled over at the drop of a hat. i thank the salesman nick for his service and the DVDs. after walking outside, i notice 1) my CD player faceplate is mounted; i had CLEARLY taken it off before i had gotten service, i ALWAYS do. 2) my rearview mirror was also angled all the way down, as it is when my stereo is played very loudly causing it to resonate. at this point im very suspicious. 3) the last straw was when i turned my cd player on and it was set to a rap station. i NEVER listen to the radio . .my presets are still the ones that came from alpine's factory.

so i storm into the shop and i ask nick the salesman WHY #1 my faceplate was up, and WHY #2 my mirror was tilted. i omitted #3 to see how honest of a response id get. no question to #2, he didnt tackle it; however he TRIED quite UNDERHANDEDLY to convince me ford had some lock feature where if the stereo wasnt on the truck wouldnt lock. i told him very funny, a friend and i installed my viper 791XV, which the salesman has also seen, and nowhere in the viper manual does it say **** about a radio.

i then ask for a manager, to which he gives me at least three excuses then walks to the back. to my surprise, he sends out a tech. i go on and interview some employees. the consensus is that NICK the salesman played wtih my radio behind my back WITHOUT my permission. the ramifications? my equipment could be damanged because it was played QUITE loud (drowned out the DVD room i was in) BEHIND MY BACK, WITHOUT my permission and or personal operation.

at this point i go see the manager. nick comes out and asks me if i can be helped, he looks rather preturbed. to his repeated attempts to service me i reply "no thank you, im waiting for the manager". i have never had to be fakely polite so many times within sixty god **** seconds in my life.

the manager, frank, comes out. nick, somehow, decides he has enough balls to stand right beside his manager. he probably thinks i am some stupid ass who would be rather intimidated talking about him in front of his face. i call his bluff and tell the manager EVERYTHING in front of him. eventually nick cracks under pressure and admits to his manager. now out of the crowd of three we have two unhappy individuals. additionally, i told the manager that nick's actions would leave me no choice but to hold earmark responsible for any failure of my equipment due to his salesman's actions. frank reassured me earmark would take care of me in the event of any problems. wow, i didnt even have to threaten for legal action, better business bureau, chamber of commerce, or anybody! i shake his hand, tlel him hes a good manager, and thank him for his business.

i am very satisfied with how the manager handled my situation, and i am impressed by the honesty of the bay crew.

i hope for mr. nick's sake, my stereo keeps functioning the same way it did before i dropped my keys off; or else ill have to amend this post.

so, grab a beer and let your friends know

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I just discovered this one. I thought you would be interested to know that Nick isn't at Earmark any longer. They take customer service seriously and this is not in any way typical of their service.

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but I just joined the forum and found this thread. Earmark in Plano is under all new management and we take customer service and satisfaction very seriously, and we respect our customer's vehicles. Let me apologize for any past bad experiences. I can't change what happened in the past, but I can guarantee that we will do everything possible to make sure all of our customer, past and future, are completely satisfied with their experience.

No, the Nick that was at Plano went to CarToys. The Nick from Tweeters is still at Earmark. He's a great guy for any kind of install.
I know which Nick you're talking about, used to work at Dynamic Audio...big red head dude with a ton of tatts. Used to smoke weed at work all the time too...always gave me a good deal with stuff though, and I got to hang out in the install area whenever I wanted to, which was often how I spent my inbetween-class-time when I was at community college.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

PowerdByGuiness

10+ year member
reg cabs have sound too
PowerdByGuiness
SoCal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies