WTf, Boston Pro60's ****

IgnoreMe
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com VIP
caraudio.com
well after running my new pro 60's for about a week or so, (maybe its been two i dont remember). i am sad to say...i am SEVERELY dissappointed. these are the speakers everyone has been talkin about? i mean honestly, they do sound good...but thats it. the mid bass is lacking, and they DO NOT get loud off of 300 watts period. i am runnin them off of the mbquart amp, and i thought maybe i just got a ****ed up amp...decided to switch over to an orion 8002 (again about 300 watts at 3 ohms) and there was no difference in sound. how come everywhere i read, says these things get loud as hell? 300 watts to each speakers and they cant keep up with 1 magnum 15"?????? my old cdt's kept up with 2 15's off of only 200+/- watts. am i just doing something wrong here?

anyone that has an opinon on this let me know, cause i hope its just me.

oh btw, Stereo Integrity...i must say your new magnum is absolutly beautiful. it sounds, looks, and just says "im the ****" even more so than my old 12" claw mag...i must say i am most impressed. as for the bostons they can **** my dick

interesting...
whats you opinion on the matter...the title was more so to get attention to people that have used them and to get an opinion on whether you think they **** or you think i **** lol. so like i said, what do you think?

sound deadening=2 layers dynamatted on each door

loudness=they are kinda angled towards me but not quite. they are installed the exact same way my cdt's were, but they just dont get loud

...maybe im going deaf haha (actually thats not a laughing matter)

mine are plenty loud to me, i dont know about keeping above the sub bass but they do WAY!! better than the rainbows did
yea but then again you got 2 15" MT's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

well after running my new pro 60's for about a week or so, (maybe its been two i dont remember). i am sad to say...i am SEVERELY dissappointed. these are the speakers everyone has been talkin about? i mean honestly, they do sound good...but thats it. the mid bass is lacking, and they DO NOT get loud off of 300 watts period. i am runnin them off of the mbquart amp, and i thought maybe i just got a ****ed up amp...decided to switch over to an orion 8002 (again about 300 watts at 3 ohms) and there was no difference in sound. how come everywhere i read, says these things get loud as hell? 300 watts to each speakers and they cant keep up with 1 magnum 15"?????? my old cdt's kept up with 2 15's off of only 200+/- watts. am i just doing something wrong here?

anyone that has an opinon on this let me know, cause i hope its just me.

oh btw, Stereo Integrity...i must say your new magnum is absolutly beautiful. it sounds, looks, and just says "im the ****" even more so than my old 12" claw mag...i must say i am most impressed. as for the bostons they can **** my dick
Thanks for telling us your thoughts on the new mag. Best of luck finding some nice components to compliment your very nice sub stage.

Thanks for telling us your thoughts on the new mag. Best of luck finding some nice components to compliment your very nice sub stage.
you know why i am so dissappointed? its cause of the mag. i got such a nice sub, that just completly steps over my component setup. so clean, accurate, and just plain loud as well, but the bostons just dont wanna come out to play with it i guess. maybe if the mag ****** i wouldnt complain about the BA's lol

edit: where the hell are my manners. Thank you showrides

you know why i am so dissappointed? its cause of the mag. i got such a nice sub, that just completly steps over my component setup. so clean, accurate, and just plain loud as well, but the bostons just dont wanna come out to play with it i guess. maybe if the mag ****** i wouldnt complain about the BA's lol
I got an audiobahn AW1206t laying around if you are interested:D

whats you opinion on the matter...the title was more so to get attention to people that have used them and to get an opinion on whether you think they **** or you think i **** lol. so like i said, what do you think?
My opinion is that i believe its asinine to brag about a 90db sensitivity rated speaker NEEDING 300-400rms per side to get loud...and here you go saying they dont cut it...Just goes to show that everything is car/install dependant.

I got an audiobahn AW1206t laying around if you are interested:D
haha maybe i would get it for the girl friends ride if she wasnt already gettin my old claw mag //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

My opinion is that i believe its asinine to brag about a 90db sensitivity rated speaker NEEDING 300-400rms per side to get loud...and here you go saying they dont cut it...
i didnt brag about anything...all i said is that with 300 watts they dont get loud. me and my friend who both ran the cdt's agree. so if they dont get loud with 300 watts, why would i run them with the rated 125 watts? **** they wouldnt get louder than my stock speakers with that power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.