Box Build! With Pics!

jeepintn
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
OK, so after a week of research, and thinking, i have finally started on my box build. two L7 15's, 9.0 cubes after port displacment, tuned to 32 Hz. i want to put some pics up, but i dont know how to embed them into this, someone please tell me how and i will have a few pics up!

http://www.imageshack.us

Host them, and copy and paste the link they give you and tag it with

THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT FIBERGLASS, SO IM SURE NOT EVERYTHING IS PERFECT, NOTEABLY THE MESS I MADE, HAHA, BUT I WILL CLEAN IT ALL UP AT THE END. SORRY I DONT HAVE PICS OF THE ENTIRE PROJECT, I DIDNT THINK ABOUT IT UNTIL TOO LATE, BUT HERES WHAT I HAVE SO FAR.

AFTER MOUNTING THE BAFFLES IN THE FINAL POSITION AND CHECKING FOR CLEARANCE

boxbuild14xo.jpg

boxbuild26bq.jpg

HERE IS THE FIRST LAYER OF MATERIAL, I USED SPEAKER GRILL CLOTH.

boxbuild37yn.jpg

boxbuild40zf.jpg

ILL HAVE MORE THIS WEEK AS I WORK ON IT AS TIME ALLOWS. ANY OPINIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY GREATLY APPRECIATED. AND I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND HOW THE FIBERGLASS ADHERES TO THE MDF...

i have a jeep grand cherokee, and theres just not much room in the cargo space, i wish i could have fit a huge 12 + cubic foot box back there, and i could have if i took it all the way to the roof, but i didnt want to do that, its already above the window line now, but im not in competitions, so i dont care about that. its 9.0 after port displacement though, seems big enough for now.

you cant just take the external dimensions though cuz you have that giant port running strait through the middle, i still cant see that box being 9 cubes.
It's 12.6 without the port, so perhaps it is with the port. It doesn't look near that though, as if that is 26 deep, then there's 5.5" on either side of the subs and I'm not seeing it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.